Urging Others to Suicide a Crime - Lawyers?

Speaker to Animals

Re: Urging Others to Suicide a Crime - Lawyers?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:45 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I
Can't
Even
See straight
Rn

Stop drinking. Seriously. That shit is poison. It's one of the few things the Mussies got right.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:53 pm

brewster wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
brewster wrote:This is a tough one, the girl's obviously a raging bitch, but it seems like the only way to parse the difference between her actions and assisted suicide is legalize the suicide and regiment the layers of psych evaluations and such of the patient to protect the caregiver.

Or, you know, admit that you were wrong about euthanasia..
Nope. If a merciful painless ending is good enough for my beloved pets, it's good enough for me.
housecat = parent

Got it!

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Secession now.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Fife wrote:
brewster wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

Or, you know, admit that you were wrong about euthanasia..
Nope. If a merciful painless ending is good enough for my beloved pets, it's good enough for me.
housecat = parent

Got it!
Who said parent? I'm talking about how I'd like to go. If i'm emaciated, in pain and peeing on the floor everywhere, It's time to check out. I watched my dad go slowly from liver failure (hep Z or some shit he contracted in Ukraine). He wasn't actually in pain, but it was awful. My mom has said to put her down if she's circling the bowl.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Then buy a gun and off yourself. Please leave state-sanctioned violence off the table. Thanks.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Then buy a gun and off yourself. Please leave state-sanctioned violence off the table. Thanks.
Give me a break, the state sanctions death and violence every day. Take away insurance from millions and there will be death. The state could prevent tens of thousands of deaths every year in a myriad of ways, but chooses not to for cost or liberty reasons, or perhaps because some lobbyist is paying them. So please do not tell me the state should value life over all else and at any cost. It never has and never will. We spend a large proportion of our national healthcare budget, which is 20% of our economy, on care in the last stages of life. The quality of life in that endgame is awful, the experience for the families is awful. I don't believe ending suffering is "state-sanctioned violence".
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:49 pm

brewster wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Then buy a gun and off yourself. Please leave state-sanctioned violence off the table. Thanks.
Give me a break, the state sanctions death and violence every day. Take away insurance from millions and there will be death. The state could prevent tens of thousands of deaths every year in a myriad of ways, but chooses not to for cost or liberty reasons, or perhaps because some lobbyist is paying them. So please do not tell me the state should value life over all else and at any cost. It never has and never will. We spend a large proportion of our national healthcare budget, which is 20% of our economy, on care in the last stages of life. The quality of life in that endgame is awful, the experience for the families is awful. I don't believe ending suffering is "state-sanctioned violence".

Wrong.

Stop using the state to kill people. If you are suffering so badly, putting a gun to your head is not going to be so difficult. What you really want is state control over our lives.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: Stop using the state to kill people. If you are suffering so badly, putting a gun to your head is not going to be so difficult. What you really want is state control over our lives.
I think it's pretty clear I'm arguing to keep the state OUT of our lives, as in decriminalizing assisted suicide by a healthcare professional. What you want is the state interfering in a decision between a patient and their doctor.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:54 pm

brewster wrote:So please do not tell me the state should value life over all else and at any cost. It never has and never will.
You're right about that part at least.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:57 pm

brewster wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: Stop using the state to kill people. If you are suffering so badly, putting a gun to your head is not going to be so difficult. What you really want is state control over our lives.
I think it's pretty clear I'm arguing to keep the state OUT of our lives, as in decriminalizing assisted suicide by a healthcare professional. What you want is the state interfering in a decision between a patient and their doctor.
OK, let's keep the state OUT of our lives.

Public money for public goods only. That excludes healthcare. And it includes that big bonus you mentioned--the state is not an agent in any sense between "a patient and their doctor."

You down?