Urging Others to Suicide a Crime - Lawyers?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Urging Others to Suicide a Crime - Lawyers?

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:50 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
California wrote:Damnit. I urge pedophiles to commit suicide almost daily on Reddit
You're doing god's work Cali
Old Testament God fan?
Old Testament God had a whole mess of rules against blaspheming, but didn't say much about banging kids... so probably not.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:46 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote: You're doing god's work Cali
Old Testament God fan?
Old Testament God had a whole mess of rules against blaspheming, but didn't say much about banging kids... so probably not.

Maybe read the Old Testament some time..

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:57 am

This. God says, and I paraphrase "woah not this one Abraham!"

Otern

Post by Otern » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:12 am

This is why I wish suicide were still a crime in most western countries. That way, we could easily punish utter cunts like this, without infringing on freedom of speech.

If suicide is considered murder, what this excuse of a human being did, would be incitement to violence, and punishable.

It would be somewhat problematic with suicide attempts though, since I don't want people trying to commit suicide prosecuted for a crime. But it could be solved by defining any suicide attempt as insanity, making them not viable for prosecution by a criminal court. Instead give them medical/psychiatric treatment.

But then again, this poses another problem, when the suicide attempt is accompanied by endangering others, like ramming your vehicle into another one, or lighting your apartment on fire. Wouldn't want the insanity clause of suicides remove the possibility to prosecute the person for endangering/hurting others.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:23 am

Otern wrote:This is why I wish suicide were still a crime in most western countries. That way, we could easily punish utter cunts like this, without infringing on freedom of speech.

If suicide is considered murder, what this excuse of a human being did, would be incitement to violence, and punishable.

It would be somewhat problematic with suicide attempts though, since I don't want people trying to commit suicide prosecuted for a crime. But it could be solved by defining any suicide attempt as insanity, making them not viable for prosecution by a criminal court. Instead give them medical/psychiatric treatment.

But then again, this poses another problem, when the suicide attempt is accompanied by endangering others, like ramming your vehicle into another one, or lighting your apartment on fire. Wouldn't want the insanity clause of suicides remove the possibility to prosecute the person for endangering/hurting others.
What about medically assisted suicides? If you've got 6 months to live and a painful (or morphine haze) decent to death, at probably high cost - a huge chunk of Medicare is end-of-life care... No real "quality of life"...? Should the doctor be charged for giving you enough painkillers (& advice on how much) to end your life?

Of course in this case the kid was otherwise healthy ("prime of life" other than mentally)...

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:24 am

I JUST SMOKED A GRAM OF SYNTHETIC WEED OMW TO TIMES SQUARE IN MY TRUCK TO SUICIDE BY COP

NOT MY FAULT ITS THE THOT'S XDDDD

Otern

Post by Otern » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:45 am

Ph64 wrote: What about medically assisted suicides? If you've got 6 months to live and a painful (or morphine haze) decent to death, at probably high cost - a huge chunk of Medicare is end-of-life care... No real "quality of life"...? Should the doctor be charged for giving you enough painkillers (& advice on how much) to end your life?

Of course in this case the kid was otherwise healthy ("prime of life" other than mentally)...
Valid point.

I think medically assisted suicide should be legal for terminally ill people with no survival prospects. Really, if there's no chance of any quality of life, assisted suicide should be legal. But it should be strictly regulated.

But young mentally ill people, can sometimes be cured. And even in the cases where they can't be cured, proper treatment, or even time, will make it possible for them to have real quality of life. So assisted suicide should not be legal in these cases. Maybe there's some very rare cases where it should be legal. I don't know.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:22 pm

de officiis wrote:Here's a link to the backstory

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2160&hilit=Suicide

I think what she did was despicable, but I don't feel qualified to comment on whether it met the state's legal definition for manslaughter.

As usual, there is probably much, much more to the case than meets the eye in the papers.

One thing that sticks out to me is the idea that the court found she had assumed some duty of care, at least at the time of the phone call where she told him to get back in the truck or whatever it was she said. Involuntary manslaughter is typical, as I understand it, when someone has (or 'assumes') a duty of care to protect or aid someone vulnerable and at risk. Think of a parent or caretaker forgetting about the baby in the child seat, leaving them to die of heat/suffocation.

That theory might not be very strong on appeal.

However, I think it would be a hell of a lot stronger than a "her words caused (in fact/proximately) his death" theory, and the defenses available to that theory.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: Old Testament God fan?

Maybe read the Old Testament some time..
Chapter and verse.

I'm just saying, if I were an omnipotent super being, the font of all goodness, and I was making a big deal about giving my creation my 10 super, extra important rules, I might save some ink on complaining about shit talking... maybe just one anti-shit talking rule instead of three, and then I would have some space to make one of the rules 'don't fuck kids.'

But, He works in mysterious ways don't He, and He decided that one shouldn't make the cut because shit talking is a huge problem for the Lord your God.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Fife wrote:
de officiis wrote:Here's a link to the backstory

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2160&hilit=Suicide

I think what she did was despicable, but I don't feel qualified to comment on whether it met the state's legal definition for manslaughter.

As usual, there is probably much, much more to the case than meets the eye in the papers.

One thing that sticks out to me is the idea that the court found she had assumed some duty of care, at least at the time of the phone call where she told him to get back in the truck or whatever it was she said. Involuntary manslaughter is typical, as I understand it, when someone has (or 'assumes') a duty of care to protect or aid someone vulnerable and at risk. Think of a parent or caretaker forgetting about the baby in the child seat, leaving them to die of heat/suffocation.

That theory might not be very strong on appeal.

However, I think it would be a hell of a lot stronger than a "her words caused (in fact/proximately) his death" theory, and the defenses available to that theory.
But was there a longneck?

Concerned doggos want to knoe