Oh for Fuck Sake!

doc_loliday

Re: Oh for Fuck Sake!

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Smitty-48 wrote: Oh I didn't pay for the limos, I had army money but I was just dining out on the rich kids tab with the limos and whatnot, thing was, I showed up stag, in uniform, and that pretty much made me the centre of attention, being in the army is kind of a novelty in Toronto, so everybody was hollering for me to join their crew, chicks dig a uniform, even in the 6ix. Cool part was, the army actually gave me the day off so I could drive all the from Petawawa to get there on time. My Sergeant-Major actually insisted, he's like "you can't miss the prom, son, here's a day pass" which was the first time I was like "hmm, maybe these Sergeant-Major's ain't so evil after all".

He sounds like a good guy. Kids gotta partay sometimes.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:42 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote: Oh I didn't pay for the limos, I had army money but I was just dining out on the rich kids tab with the limos and whatnot, thing was, I showed up stag, in uniform, and that pretty much made me the centre of attention, being in the army is kind of a novelty in Toronto, so everybody was hollering for me to join their crew, chicks dig a uniform, even in the 6ix. Cool part was, the army actually gave me the day off so I could drive all the from Petawawa to get there on time. My Sergeant-Major actually insisted, he's like "you can't miss the prom, son, here's a day pass" which was the first time I was like "hmm, maybe these Sergeant-Major's ain't so evil after all".

He sounds like a good guy. Kids gotta partay sometimes.
Yeah, and I mean, I was just a kid, when you join at 17, you're the same age as the senior NCO's kids, you're like the company mascot, the little drummer boy, they kind of take you under their wing, so long as you don't piss them off.

In high school, I was a big tough guy, but when I got to Pet, where they pump iron like it's jail, I was back to being a little shrimp.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:Why celebrate the end of high school? It's meaningless.

#foreverinhighschool :twisted:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Penner wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:Why celebrate the end of high school? It's meaningless.

#foreverinhighschool :twisted:

That would be great. I could have been banging my girlfriend after school and bullying half the forum members all this time? No responsibilities. No real worries. Not even taxes? Sign me up!

Can you imagine living care free like that again?

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:19 pm

California wrote:And I think the valedictorian from my high school got a full ride to USC, wasted in on an art degree, and is now a teacher at the Catholic elementary school that we went to together
And? Is that stupid in your opinion or prove your smarter than her? She a fucking art teacher at a Catholic School = idiot/...ok.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:21 pm

No such thing as prom night when I left school. We just had end of year discos.
Nowadays they have full on proms. Creeping Americanisation in the same way that Halloween used to be about pumpkin lanterns and ghost stories but now it's all trick or treat. Next thing you know we'll be celebrating thanksgiving and spelling colour without a 'u'.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:28 pm

News flash: Halloween hasn't been about trick or treat since at best the 1990s.

It's been taken over by whores and adults who can't seem to grow up. You have millennial single mothers dumping their kids off with a parent, dressing up as a whore nurse or whatever, and going out to party.

I'd love for it to become a kid's holiday again.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Halloween seems to be dying a slow death, we only get about five or six kids at the door these days, back when I was a kid, the streets were packed, it was chaos, lines of kids toing and froing from every door, you'd go out and load up with the some treats for a couple shifts, then it was down to the big park for shenanigans, crowds of kids of various ages, all milling about getting up to no good, no adult supervision, running amok, even the cops didn't really do much about it, it was adventure night, weren't scared of no ghosts, but watch out, you might get rolled by some older kids at any moment, so stay frosty.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Still largely for kids here. Pain in the arse for my elderly mother and her partner to have to answer the door every 10 mins though....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:News flash: Halloween hasn't been about trick or treat since at best the 1990s.

It's been taken over by whores and adults who can't seem to grow up. You have millennial single mothers dumping their kids off with a parent, dressing up as a whore nurse or whatever, and going out to party.

I'd love for it to become a kid's holiday again.
If anyone over the age of 13 put on some kind of costume back in 1977 (when I got my face painted as Gene Simmons by a hawt high school girl at the fall bazaar Halloween afternoon) they would have gotten their lily ass kicked into next week.

I remember having some great parties around Halloween / Harvest time when I was in my 20s and 30s, but the closest anyone came to a costume was wearing a damn cowboy hat. :goteam: :drunk: