Oh for Fuck Sake!

SilverEagle

Oh for Fuck Sake!

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:35 am

I love the fact that every class before me and after me....so far.....had a valedictorian. I mean it's so much fun to go back to a 20 year class reunion to find out that a large number of B, C, and some D students have out performed the valedictorian in real life. :D
Now they want to take that joy away by giving everyone a god damn trophy. :snooty:

https://apnews.com/1df37d18e36149878f86 ... ss-ranking
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Oh for Fuck Sake!

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:03 am

Yep. Now we've nailed down our education problem. It's those damned honors and incentives. Now everybody is smart! Problem solved.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:14 am

Why celebrate the end of high school? It's meaningless.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:25 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:Why celebrate the end of high school? It's meaningless.
I switched from part-time work to full-time work; it meant a lot to me.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:37 am

Heck, I dropped out, and I still went to my senior prom, wore my uniform and everything, it was a big dance party/drunken cavalcade down at the Harbour Castle Hilton, and there was a whole luxury suite of debauchery going on upstairs too, loud music, dancing, booze, dope, girls prancing around in their underwear, what's not to like, when you're 18?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:42 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
I am sure you could not have handled the transition if there was no ceremony.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:54 am

That's for the parents, that's not the end of high school celebration, the celebration is the senior prom, unless your school is lame I guess, but tell you what, at a preppy school, senior prom is the shizzle, and it's well funded, parents springing for hotel rooms n' shit, limousines, live band, the whole shebang.

Back in my day, they didn't really check ID, or they took lame assed fake ID's, so we were piling into limos and rolling out to nightclubs VIP, they knew we were high school, but they didn't care, we had money, so we're partying in the hottest clubs in town, then back to the hotel for more, partied till the sun came up, when we were 18, that was the greatest party yet, to that point.

I was under the impression that senior prom was a big deal in America, didn't any of you critters go to your senior prom?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:19 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
I did not attend the ceremony, I went to work instead. Later I received my diploma in the mail (they don't give you a real sheep-skin anyway); as well as my first scholarship check (they used to give you those for scoring very high on your SAT.) When I got my first college degree, I was playing Pomp and Circumstance, sotte voce in the pit orchestra as they repeatedly mispronounced my name to hand my my awards and fake diploma. I didn't don the mortar board and robe for my second (third) degree either. Nor did I pay any fees to join the various honor societies to which I was accepted, though there is a picture of me in one yearbook's chess club.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:11 am

Man, I don't want to, but I am afraid I am going to have to sound the

NERD ALERT!!!
:law-policered:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:25 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: I switched from part-time work to full-time work; it meant a lot to me.
I did not attend the ceremony, I went to work instead. Later I received my diploma in the mail (they don't give you a real sheep-skin anyway); as well as my first scholarship check (they used to give you those for scoring very high on your SAT.) When I got my first college degree, I was playing Pomp and Circumstance, sotte voce in the pit orchestra as they repeatedly mispronounced my name to hand my my awards and fake diploma. I didn't don the mortar board and robe for my second (third) degree either. Nor did I pay any fees to join the various honor societies to which I was accepted, though there is a picture of me in one yearbook's chess club.
Graduations are for your family, not you.

p.s. I'm collecting my caps & gowns 'cuz that's what I do.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change