Stock Market Shenanigans

doc_loliday

Re: Stock Market Shenanigans

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:15 pm

Who are talking to Daralon?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:17 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Who are talking to Daralon?
Everyone! Live the life you've always dreamed of! Do you have social media? If so, spam the shit out of all your accounts and let people know! You need to get the word out about this unique and financial revolutionary offer.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:19 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Who are talking to Daralon?
Here in MLM marketing we hunt the big game. You are literally the last person on here who hasn't signed up for this!
Shikata ga nai

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:28 pm

brewster wrote:
Like all tools it's not perfect, but it measures gross growth of the economy. The 1st graph is YoY growth, and so doesn't need inflation adjustment, the 2nd says it's in 2009 dollars, so yes it's inflation adjusted. And it's per capita, the actual growth would be dramatically more if not adjusted for that since the population nearly doubled during that period.

Again I was challenging the idea that before the depression it was "boom and bust" and after the great depression it was "steady". I never said that production didn't increase overall. Both before and after the great depression it has been the alternating business cycle as usual with an overall upward trajectory. Keynes sought to stop the cycle by changing fiscal policy, ie, taxes and government spending., and to some extent changing monetary policy, by playing with the money supply. But we can see that we haven't smoothed the cycle, our record is actually really bad.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:34 pm

doc_loliday wrote:I pay for everything with my CCs, 3-5% back, free money.
I heard of a great way to build your credit score. Figure out what you spend a month then use a credit card for one month. The next month pay it all back while using a credit card. Keep repeating? Is that right?

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:37 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:I pay for everything with my CCs, 3-5% back, free money.
I heard of a great way to build your credit score. Figure out what you spend a month then use a credit card for one month. The next month pay it all back while using a credit card. Keep repeating? Is that right?
Sure, it will help, anytime you use credit and stick to the terms, but honestly I just do it for the rewards. I funnel all my bills, expenses and purchases through my CCs and get all the cash back. It adds up really fast. As long as you have the discipline to pay the bill it's free money. I've been doing it for over a decade.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Amazon is wising up. They will give you a discount to use your debit card instead of your CC. I can only imagine the millions they'll save. It's kind of funny because an amazon visa has one of the best rewards programs.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Amazon always gives at least 1% back, 2% on bunch of other stuff, 3% on another list of things and anything purchased on amazon. Chase has a good card too. 5% on rotating list of commonly purchased items, eg, gas and groceries.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Amazon is wising up. They will give you a discount to use your debit card instead of your CC. I can only imagine the millions they'll save. It's kind of funny because an amazon visa has one of the best rewards programs.
Maybe someday you'll wise up to this bag of cash I'm dumping in your lap...

You wanna talk rewards? Hell Amway guarantees that your garage will be 80% fuller of inventory within 6 months of you joining. You read that right. 80. %.

Even Dan has gone in with me on this pyramid scheme.
Shikata ga nai

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:49 pm

Simmer down son.