Stock Market Shenanigans

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Stock Market Shenanigans

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:21 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Where the hell do you get 10% credit cards?? I'm getting offers at 23-26%. Fucking criminals.
Initial introductory rates, does your credit suck?
Oh yeah. I don't fall for those because I'm not an idiot. The rate after the fluffer is what counts.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:25 pm

I pay for everything with my CCs, 3-5% back, free money.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 pm

doc_loliday wrote:I pay for everything with my CCs, 3-5% back, free money.
As long as you pay it off every month forever, and never have an emergency, yeah.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:46 pm

clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Where the hell do you get 10% credit cards?? I'm getting offers at 23-26%. Fucking criminals.
Initial introductory rates, does your credit suck?
And credit unions as opposed to banks tend to offer lower rates too. It's not 10% teaser, but more like a permanent 11-15%, but I think the credit limits are lower too.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:53 pm

doc_loliday wrote:There has been no steady growth. The economy has alternated between growth and recession since the great depression There has been no smoothing of this trend, and you'd be hard pressed to say that we've done better than laisse faire. I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't attempt to regulate the market at all, but saying there has been a period of sustained growth is simply not true.
Boom/bust yes, but with more boom than bust. Just about everyone was steadily increasing their income from about 1945 to 1975, regardless of class or race.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:23 pm

doc_loliday wrote:There has been no steady growth. The economy has alternated between growth and recession since the great depression There has been no smoothing of this trend, and you'd be hard pressed to say that we've done better than laisse faire. I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't attempt to regulate the market at all, but saying there has been a period of sustained growth is simply not true.
There's a whole lot more white than gray in this chart. Recalibrate your perception.

Here's another pretty picture. That UP line is the steady growth you contend didn't happen.

We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:55 pm

brewster wrote:
There's a whole lot more white than gray in this chart. Recalibrate your perception.

Here's another pretty picture. That UP line is the steady growth you contend didn't happen.

Are those inflation-adjusted?

Also, look at what GDP measures. It's not a rising tide for all boats.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:02 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
brewster wrote:

Are those inflation-adjusted?

Also, look at what GDP measures. It's not a rising tide for all boats.
Like all tools it's not perfect, but it measures gross growth of the economy. The 1st graph is YoY growth, and so doesn't need inflation adjustment, the 2nd says it's in 2009 dollars, so yes it's inflation adjusted. And it's per capita, the actual growth would be dramatically more if not adjusted for that since the population nearly doubled during that period.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:01 pm

You misunderstand me, you said that prior to the great depression it was up and down and after it was steady. That's not true, it was growth/recession with an overall upward trajectory, and the same is true now. Our track record for smoothing that out, which is one of the primary reasons for managing the economy is quite poor.
Last edited by doc_loliday on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:12 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:I pay for everything with my CCs, 3-5% back, free money.
As long as you pay it off every month forever, and never have an emergency, yeah.
if you are trying to make some serious cash, I need to talk to you about Amway. I already got a bunch of people on here to get in with me on the ground floor of this and we just need a few more people before we sail off into our dream life. Do you have any family or friends? Please be sure to tell them about this once-in-a-lifetime chance for financial independence!
Shikata ga nai