BREAKING NEWS: SENATE THINKS YOU HAVE TOO MUCH FREEDOM

TheReal_ND

BREAKING NEWS: SENATE THINKS YOU HAVE TOO MUCH FREEDOM

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:00 pm

NEVER LET A GOOD CRISES GO TO WASTE

FROM /BIZ/
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... 56c8bbbda5

This is a new bill that was introduced on the floor of the US Senate entitled,
“Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, and Counterfeiting Act of 2017.”

It basically says everything is evil..

1. Cash is Evil
2. Bitcoin/Crypto is Evil
3. Prepaid Phones are Evil
4. Gift Cards/Vouchers/Coupons are Evil

These people are certifiably insane. Among the bill’s sweeping provisions, the government aims to greatly extend its authority to seize your assets through “Civil Asset Forfeiture”.

Civil Asset Forfeiture rules allow the government to take whatever they want from you, without a trial or any due process.

This new bill adds a laundry list of offenses for which they can legally seize your assets… all of which pertain to money laundering and other financial crimes.

Here’s the thing, though: they’ve also vastly expanded on the definition of such ‘financial crimes’, including failure to fill out a form if you happen to be transporting more than $10,000 worth of ‘monetary instruments’.

Have too much cash? You’d better tell the government.

If not, they’re authorizing themselves in this bill to seize not just the money you didn’t report, but ALL of your assets and bank accounts.

They even go so far as to specifically name “safety deposit boxes” among the various assets that they can seize if you don’t fill out the form.

This is unbelievable on so many levels.

It’s crazy to begin with that these people are so consumed by the fact that someone has $10,000 in cash.

But it’s even crazier that they’re threatening to take EVERYTHING that you own merely for not filling out a piece of paper, without any due process whatsoever.

CALL YOUR CONGRESS MEN AND SENATORS TO TELL THEM TO NOT SIGN THIS EMAIL WORKS ASWELL
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... 56c8bbbda5

Fife

Re: BREAKING NEWS: SENATE THINKS YOU HAVE TOO MUCH FREEDOM

Post by Fife » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:19 pm

You're my only hope, Randy Wan Kenobi.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Oh, and on top of civil asset forfeiture penalties, there are also criminal penalties.

Right now according to current law they can imprison you for up to FIVE YEARS for not filling out the form. Five years.

But apparently that doesn’t go far enough so this bill aims to double the criminal penalty to TEN years in prison.

Further, their bill wants to pull any business which “issues” cryptocurrency under the anti-money laundering regulatory umbrella.

Here’s where these people demonstrate that they have no idea what they’re talking about.

No one “issues” Bitcoin. There’s no Bitcoin central bank. There’s no Chairman of Bitcoin who decides on a whim to increase the supply.

Bitcoin is created automatically amounts that are predetermined by its code. It’s software.

So the Senate is essentially trying to force the Bitcoin core software to comply with money laundering regulations.

The bill also attempts to drop a major bomb on Bitcoin by including it in the list of monetary instruments that must be reported when entering or leaving the US.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Fife wrote:You're my only hope, Randy Wan Kenobi.
HAHAHAHA

We're fucked m8

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:38 pm

I don't know what you're so concerned about. As the ACLU told me when I called them because I was in deep shit after refusing a warrantless search of my tenants apartments: "if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to hide".

The 4th amendment is toast. 1 & 2 got all the love while they've burned 4 to the ground.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:40 pm

The blank check thing is priceless. :lol: I've definitely toted some contraband in my day.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:41 pm

brewster wrote:after refusing a warrantless search of my tenants apartments
I know you're meming but go on...

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:42 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
brewster wrote:after refusing a warrantless search of my tenants apartments
I know you're meming but go on...
I don't understand. That's a personal anecdote.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Well I was hoping to hear about it but say no more. Lips sealed m8

brewster

Post by brewster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Building dept shows up and says: show us the illegal construction work.
I say: what illegal construction work.
show us the illegal construction work.
I say: I don't know of any construction work. do you know what apartment of this building you want to see?
No.
So you want to go on a fishing expedition through all the homes in this building?
Pause. We'll be back.

They slapped me with a $4500 fine for not letting them in. Utterly illegally. I discovered SCOTUS ruled in Camara vs SF (1967) that if buildings wants in they need a warrant. Everyone, including lawyers not in this field, told me to let them in, but now I was pissed. Finally found a lawyer who knew his shit, and when he saw the docs said "this is bullshit". But it cost me $2500 to make it go away.

Building Dept perjured themselves to the judge saying they had wanted to see a unit with an open permit (only open because they failed to complete their paperwork after inspecting it years earlier). Had they asked to see one unit, I would have notified the tenant, and gotten permission, since I cannot otherwise legally enter a tenant's apartment unless it is an emergency, which this was not. Can you imagine if I let these guys into people's homes and they had anything incriminating sitting around? I could get sued.

There's your 4th amendment bedtime story.