Oh, Crap!

heydaralon

Re: Oh, Crap!

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
heydaralon wrote:In Europe, Roma are hated by nearly everyone right? I know the Russians hate the shit out of them.
Some people Welsh on a bet; others get off Scot free; but no one likes to get gypped.
Was Brad Pitts character in Snatch a Roma?
Shikata ga nai

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:41 pm

heydaralon wrote:
BjornP wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: Tell him about the Swiss and the Swedes!
No, what I really need is for someone to educate me on the difference between Austrians and Australians. :think:
In Europe, Roma are hated by nearly everyone right? I know the Russians hate the shit out of them.
The 2016 Pew Research poll found that Italians, in particular, hold strong anti-Roma views, with 82% of Italians expressing negative opinions about Roma. In Greece 67%, in Hungary 64%, in France 61%, in Spain 49%, in Poland 47%, in the UK 45%, in Sweden 42%, in Germany 40%, and in the Netherlands 37% have an unfavourable view of Roma.

If you want to signal virtue among leftists in Sweden you invite some random Roma people to your party.

One of the victims of the lorry terror attack in Stockholm was an elderly Roma beggar woman. She got one of the concrete lions on her legs which broke. She survived, was patched up and is now back in her usual spot. She was already semi famous having been one of several Rumanian Roma partaking in a play about the beggars on a theater in town. She also happens to be a holocaust survivor.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Hastur wrote: One of the victims of the lorry terror attack in Stockholm was an elderly Roma beggar woman. She got one of the concrete lions on her legs which broke. She survived, was patched up and is now back in her usual spot. She was already semi famous having been one of several Rumanian Roma partaking in a play about the beggars on a theater in town. She also happens to be a holocaust survivor.
. . . also stood with Charles Martel at the Battle of Tours against the Muslim hordes c.732.
Please can't you spare ten Euro?
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:54 pm

She survived a shower?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:12 pm

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 pm

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:34 am

DBTrek wrote:
BjornP wrote:No, what I really need is for someone to educate me on the difference between Austrians and Australians. :think:
I see why people poop on your city.

On? I suddenly got a distressing mental image of pants-less Romanis flying around in jetpacks shitting on my fair city. :lol: And hey, they shit more in Copenhagen... can't object too much to that.
heydalaron wrote:Was Brad Pitts character in Snatch a Roma?
Nope. Irish Traveller:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/ ... -1.2969515
The emergence of Irish Travellers as a distinct group occurred long before the Great Famine, a genetic analysis shows.
The study also indicates that while Travellers originally descended from the general Irish population, they are now very distinct from it.
DNA analysis allowed the researchers to track when and how quickly Travellers arose. This occurred between eight and 14 generations ago, with the best fit suggesting 12 generations or 360 years ago...

The study clearly showed there was no significant genetic contribution made by Roma Gypsies to Traveller DNA. This disproves a view held by some that the two groups were genetically related.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:20 am

BjornP wrote:
Nope. Irish Traveller:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/ ... -1.2969515
The emergence of Irish Travellers as a distinct group occurred long before the Great Famine, a genetic analysis shows.
The study also indicates that while Travellers originally descended from the general Irish population, they are now very distinct from it.
DNA analysis allowed the researchers to track when and how quickly Travellers arose. This occurred between eight and 14 generations ago, with the best fit suggesting 12 generations or 360 years ago...

The study clearly showed there was no significant genetic contribution made by Roma Gypsies to Traveller DNA. This disproves a view held by some that the two groups were genetically related.
Known as pikeys because of their practise of travelling the turnpikes looking for work.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:24 am

We have them here too. Though they basically just travel around and scam or steal from businesses. They are not as obvious here and can blend in pretty well. Nothing like you saw on Snatch.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:50 pm

California wrote:I'm of the mind to take the law to the opposite extreme. Shit in the street? Bullet to the head
We've had this problem forever, which is really annoying because the solution are public toilets. I believe the Roman Empire had them about two thousand years ago. So although San Franciscans, and people in other California cities BTW, complain about it, nobody actually wants to put the money for building them into the city's budget.

It's a mystery.

Bitch, moan, groan, and complain about a disgusting, and possible disease vector, the city councils of more than one city cannot actually spend the money needed to deal with one of the most important, and accepted, responsibilities of a city's government that of waste disposal. And it's not like it's only street people who could benefit.

Fracking morons. The stupid is strong with them.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.