The 51st State

TheReal_ND

Re: The 51st State

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:46 pm

brewster wrote:
clubgop wrote:
brewster wrote: Oh another Washington DC? Yeah fuck that.
Actually, DC is only 25 Residents per employee, PR is 14.5. Surprisingly, my corrupt town of Jersey City is 75. They must be pocketing the money rather than spreading it around. Or maybe the cops making $200k can soak it up.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/exogr ... le/2533338
Why would they do anything else when we throw money at them with injudicious zeal?

They are bankrupt and corrupt. Dude fuck these people claiming they are "natural" conservatives. How do you lie to yourself like that?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:51 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
brewster wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Actually, DC is only 25 Residents per employee, PR is 14.5. Surprisingly, my corrupt town of Jersey City is 75. They must be pocketing the money rather than spreading it around. Or maybe the cops making $200k can soak it up.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/exogr ... le/2533338
Why would they do anything else when we throw money at them with injudicious zeal?

They are bankrupt and corrupt. Dude fuck these people claiming they are "natural" conservatives. How do you lie to yourself like that?
Social conservtism is a lagging indicator and with lower attendance to Catholic institutions that natural part is waning.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:18 pm

clubgop wrote: Social conservtism is a lagging indicator and with lower attendance to Catholic institutions that natural part is waning.
The link between social conservatism and the GOP only dates to the 70's. My town was Catholic as hell, churches stacked next to each other because the Italians, Poles and Irish each had their own, and has been a Dem stronghold for over a century.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:23 pm

brewster wrote:
clubgop wrote: Social conservtism is a lagging indicator and with lower attendance to Catholic institutions that natural part is waning.
The link between social conservatism and the GOP only dates to the 70's. My town was Catholic as hell, churches stacked next to each other because the Italians, Poles and Irish each had their own, and has been a Dem stronghold for over a century.
True but Catholics in of themselves are a lagging indicator of a lagging indicator.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:26 pm

clubgop wrote: True but Catholics in of themselves are a lagging indicator of a lagging indicator.
I have no idea what that means, so...sure.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:30 pm

brewster wrote:
clubgop wrote: True but Catholics in of themselves are a lagging indicator of a lagging indicator.
I know. O'Sullivan's 1st law.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:04 pm

clubgop wrote:
brewster wrote:
I learned something new today!! O'Sullivan's law (there doesn't seem to be a 2nd one) ."All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing."

Why do you suppose that is, if it's actually true?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:40 am

brewster wrote:
clubgop wrote:
brewster wrote:
I learned something new today!! O'Sullivan's law (there doesn't seem to be a 2nd one) ."All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing."

Things stagnate, decay. All good disciplined rhings must be maintained, actively preserved.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:49 pm

clubgop wrote:
brewster wrote:
clubgop wrote:

Things stagnate, decay. All good disciplined rhings must be maintained, actively preserved.
That last sentence I agree with. Both Parties' leadership regardless of what they are supposed to be for seem only to care about the money. It's all about their own personal money trough.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:43 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
brewster wrote:

That last sentence I agree with. Both Parties' leadership regardless of what they are supposed to be for seem only to care about the money. It's all about their own personal money trough.
As though anyone stays up at night worrying about a stranger's money.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751