The 51st State

TheReal_ND

Re: The 51st State

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:24 pm

clubgop wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:We have any Jews here who can speak to my question?

Come to think of it - we have any Asians? And non owgs at all? Female no respond for this one.

*white females no respond.....
What was the question?

It's because they are scared of right wing nut jobs basically

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:29 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:We have any Jews here who can speak to my question?

Come to think of it - we have any Asians? And non owgs at all? Female no respond for this one.

*white females no respond.....
What was the question?

It's because they are scared of right wing nut jobs basically
Yes and they are more leftist then they are religious.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:39 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:
brewster wrote:
They all look star patterned to me, man.

It's a funny artifact of history that all our potential 51st states, PR, DC, and splitting CA, would result in a new Blue stronghold. There's no Red state to make to balance like they did with AK & HI. Split TX?
The first pattern is arranged in rows, the second is a hexagon, the third is a circle with a star pattern in the middle.
I think I'd go with the circle.

Re: turnout, most of them know that it's a lost cause. They all want statehood, but they know it's not going to happen.

Same for Guam and the Solomon Islands. No point in worrying about it.
Let's not forget the District of Columbia as well. Those guys will never be a state.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Another thing; I don't want to compete with a bajillion unskilled labor Puerto Ricans on the job market. They can keep their shitty flags of their shitty country on the rear view mirror of their shitty cars over there in their shit squalor sandwich.
Last edited by TheReal_ND on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:41 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Penner wrote:If they ever do become a state (and this was also brought up like a few years ago) then I guess there are three different patterns that the flag can be changed to:

Personally, I like the star patterned one.
They'd probably go with the first option as it is the most similar to the current flag.

I'm not opposed to Puerto Rico becoming a state, although I do think this is bad timing for them. Asking to become a state just after filing for bankruptcy is about the worst timing possible.

And also the current sentiment towards Spanish speakers (Puerto Rico's main language is Spanish. I wonder if there will be someone demanding that they speak English or not?).
Last edited by Penner on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Yeah totes all the racists will get all mad even though they already learned Spanish decades ago and there is no requirement to learn English in this country. Fuck off bitch.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:50 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Another thing; I don't want to compete with a bajillion unskilled labor Puerto Ricans on the job market. They can keep their shitty flags of their shitty country on the rear view mirror of their shitty cars over there in their shit squalor sandwich.

Well, that's baked into the cake. When PR goes up in smoke, they are going to move to the states (Florida and New York, mostly).

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:54 pm

I guess we have to wait and see. Although, I doubt that Peurto Rico will become the 51st state and we don't have to worry about seeing anything.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Another thing; I don't want to compete with a bajillion unskilled labor Puerto Ricans on the job market. They can keep their shitty flags of their shitty country on the rear view mirror of their shitty cars over there in their shit squalor sandwich.

Well, that's baked into the cake. When PR goes up in smoke, they are going to move to the states (Florida and New York, mostly).

Why don't I just blow my brains out now and save myself the time?

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:02 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

Why don't I just blow my brains out now and save myself the time?
:naughty: