What would America look like if it was truly the Land of the Free?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: What would America look like if it was truly the Land of the Free?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:14 pm

brewster wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Good post. But I'd say the opposite - "Stop pretending you're about to get rich"
Yup, 2 sides of the same coin. "Joe the Plumber" who would never be rich enough to pay the tax he was complaining about, and people pulling in $250k who complain that what with the private school tuition and the mortgages on the condo and the country house they can barely scrape by, how could they be rich?
Lol joe the plumber. That election was fucking insane.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:21 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Yup, 2 sides of the same coin. "Joe the Plumber" who would never be rich enough to pay the tax he was complaining about, and people pulling in $250k who complain that what with the private school tuition and the mortgages on the condo and the country house they can barely scrape by, how could they be rich?
Lol joe the plumber. That election was fucking insane.[/quote]

He's forever my icon of the clueless but angry right wing warrior. But it never ends. Look at how they're still trotting out the whole "death tax" nonsense. It's now starts at $11m per couple, oh the humanity!!!
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:45 pm

brewster wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Lol joe the plumber. That election was fucking insane.
He's forever my icon of the clueless but angry right wing warrior. But it never ends. Look at how they're still trotting out the whole "death tax" nonsense. It's now starts at $11m per couple, oh the humanity!!![/quote]

Those oppressive bastards.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:55 pm

brewster wrote:He's forever my icon of the clueless but angry right wing warrior. But it never ends. Look at how they're still trotting out the whole "death tax" nonsense. It's now starts at $11m per couple, oh the humanity!!!
Clueless but angry. OK, homes, keep hanging on to that as long as you can. In the meantime, you've got a passel of fools like commie cat-ass cheerleading you. Maybe they will send you a can of biscuits when you are hungry. :goteam:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:18 pm

My mother started a business in her retirement. She can't really grow the damned thing beyond 50 people because of Obamacare and other regulations. Joe the Plumber had a damned good point, but I think we need a Joe the Goddamned Job Creator who explains to people that small businesses create most of the jobs and these stupid ass democratic utopia programs make it impossible to grow them.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:18 pm

Fife wrote:
brewster wrote:He's forever my icon of the clueless but angry right wing warrior. But it never ends. Look at how they're still trotting out the whole "death tax" nonsense. It's now starts at $11m per couple, oh the humanity!!!
Clueless but angry. OK, homes, keep hanging on to that as long as you can. In the meantime, you've got a passel of fools like commie cat-ass cheerleading you. Maybe they will send you a can of biscuits when you are hungry. :goteam:
Are you saying he wasn't angry?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:22 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:My mother started a business in her retirement. She can't really grow the damned thing beyond 50 people because of Obamacare and other regulations. Joe the Plumber had a damned good point, but I think we need a Joe the Goddamned Job Creator who explains to people that small businesses create most of the jobs and these stupid ass democratic utopia programs make it impossible to grow them.
Agreed. But she could grow her business. She just doesn't want to.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:24 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:My mother started a business in her retirement. She can't really grow the damned thing beyond 50 people because of Obamacare and other regulations. Joe the Plumber had a damned good point, but I think we need a Joe the Goddamned Job Creator who explains to people that small businesses create most of the jobs and these stupid ass democratic utopia programs make it impossible to grow them.

Incorrect.

There exists a pretty wide gulf between a profitable small business and a profitable medium-sized business because of these regulations. Before something like 50 employees, she's a profitable small-business. After 50 employees, the regulations kick in and she's bankrupt.

LOTS of people are in that situation and it is decimating jobs.

It's a similar trap to the disability disincentives that make it so costly for a partially disabled person to work part-time. Democrats do this shit deliberately. Don't be naive and assume they have no grasp of incentives. They know exactly what they are doing.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Incorrect.

There exists a pretty wide gulf between a profitable small business and a profitable medium-sized business because of these regulations. Before something like 50 employees, she's a profitable small-business. After 50 employees, the regulations kick in and she's bankrupt.

LOTS of people are in that situation and it is decimating jobs.

It's a similar trap to the disability disincentives that make it so costly for a partially disabled person to work part-time. Democrats do this shit deliberately. Don't be naive and assume they have no grasp of incentives. They know exactly what they are doing.
Hyperbole. And how badly do we want millions of jobs without health insurance?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:29 pm

It's not hyperbole at all.

The jump in revenue required is too great for many small businesses. You need an enormous increase in revenue to pay for those overpriced policies.

It's not so much that people couldn't run a larger business with the higher profitability but that they can't grow fast enough to avoid bankruptcy in the interum. It's not like you can go from making a few hundred grand in revenue to making a few million in revenue in a year, dude.