TheReal_ND

Re: Leaker of Classified Docs ARRESTED

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:28 am

There is no way this will backfire spectacularly

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:30 am

Zlaxer wrote:
kybkh wrote:The only revelation of import to come from this is how dangerous politics in America has become.

The standard of self-sabot being established by the Left will spiral out of control.

How anyone can hold to the position that these leaks aren't purely political in nature is beyond willful ignorance.

That's exactly what the left wants.....anything that harms the Republic is a benefit to their cause...
Bullbleep. What is this "left" you speak of.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:31 am

jbird4049 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:It was Greenwald & Co that compromised her, they went and posted the actual document on the internet, and since she had made the copy on a colour printer, the embedded tracking dots gave away which printer it was and when, otherwise, would have been hard to catch her, but, once the journos had what they wanted, they burned their source without a second thought.

I suspect the journos of being in on it tbh, the Intercept cultivating her as their operative, like handlers.
How many people are aware of "tracking dots" and if they don't it wouldn't be burning their source.
If it was a professional operation they wouldn't have made that mistake, but once they had their patsy, they didn't care, clearly, since they were so reckless with the package.

Journalists are like handlers, who haven't been to the Farm to learn tradecraft. Any spy worth his salt, wouldn't have anything to do with them, but clearly this patsy had been whipped up into a frenzy by #TheResistance, so she was an easy mark.

What is even her motive? Her motive seems to be Glen Greenwald's motive, I don't see any other reason she would do this, what was the point, other than giving Greenwald & Co some clickbait?
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:34 am

I mean.. just look at her Twitter feed. How does a person like that get a security clearance? The people who should be going to jail are the people who gave her the clearance. She was upfront about what she would do with the information. You can't even say she was a spy when she openly signals her fidelity to Wikileaks and people like Snowden.

This whole thing is a waste. She should never have been given that clearance. She should have been working at some normal company somewhere and doing her crossfit after work while signaling her progressive virtues on Instagram.

This whole story stinks. Something is not right here.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:40 am

jbird4049 wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:
kybkh wrote:The only revelation of import to come from this is how dangerous politics in America has become.

The standard of self-sabot being established by the Left will spiral out of control.

How anyone can hold to the position that these leaks aren't purely political in nature is beyond willful ignorance.

That's exactly what the left wants.....anything that harms the Republic is a benefit to their cause...
Bullbleep. What is this "left" you speak of.
Yes....what is the "left" in deed :think:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:46 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I mean.. just look at her Twitter feed. How does a person like that get a security clearance? The people who should be going to jail are the people who gave her the clearance. She was upfront about what she would do with the information. You can't even say she was a spy when she openly signals her fidelity to Wikileaks and people like Snowden.

This whole thing is a waste. She should never have been given that clearance. She should have been working at some normal company somewhere and doing her crossfit after work while signaling her progressive virtues on Instagram.
No . . . no . . . sorry. No one is *just now* discovering that the government is a huge, inefficient, incompetent bureaucracy. You're faking that outrage. You, me, even the Canadians, know that it's completely unsurprising that no one in government vetted the folks they're hiring to handle classified data. They run a federal background check (aka "Are you a convicted Felon or on a terror watchlist" check) and then hand over the keys to the kingdom.
We know this.
How many data breaches does it take for them to drive the point home.
They don't care.
Last edited by DBTrek on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:47 am

Thing is, all these journos are in competition with each other, they have to keep one upping each other with the clickbait, I don't see any core ideology in the inane quasi-leftist ramblings of this persons social media, she's just young and whipped up into a frenzy by the breathless media hype, and I think the media is constantly searching for marks who will fetch clickbait for them in this paradigm, it's a cutthroat competition, otherwise, why out your source by posting the actual document? The documents have to be signed for, as soon as the specific document can be seen, you narrow it right down to when, where and who, so why would they risk it? Answer; they had their clickbait, mission accomplished, moving on.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:00 am

I mean, there's nothing in the document of any particular interest, its totally mudane, there's no smoking gun, releasing it doesn't tell anybody what they don't already know, the whole story here, was that Glenn Greenwald had a source inside the NSA wire, that's the whole story, that's the whole point, it's Glenn Greenwald trying to score points in the clickbait wars, to no particular utility to anybody else but Gleen Greenwald & Co. Not telling us anything, not pursuing a larger story, just scoring a patsy and then chalking them up on the journo scoreboard

Since they're not pursuing any larger story, since it's not going anywhere, since it's just a clickbait tally rather than a smoking gun, the source itself, is totally expendable.

There is no smoking gun, the breathless media hype is the story, fabricated out of whole cloth, and as such, once the clickbait is clicked, mission accomplished, there's nothing else the source can do for them.

You're at Codeword level, FVEY, inside Ft. Meade, and there's nothing there, if there was a smoking gun, it would be there, but it ain't there, so it doesn't exist, what can you do then? Just get the clickbait and move on.

The IC is full of shit, they ain't got shit, they're bluffing, and they only reason they don't have to fold, is that they are hiding behind Codeword clearance, but even when you get behind the curtain, what do you find? Nothing, nada, bupkis.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:30 am

DBTrek wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I mean.. just look at her Twitter feed. How does a person like that get a security clearance? The people who should be going to jail are the people who gave her the clearance. She was upfront about what she would do with the information. You can't even say she was a spy when she openly signals her fidelity to Wikileaks and people like Snowden.

No . . . no . . . sorry. No one is *just now* discovering that the government is a huge, inefficient, incompetent bureaucracy. You're faking that outrage. You, me, even the Canadians, know that it's completely unsurprising that no one in government vetted the folks they're hiring to handle classified data. They run a federal background check (aka "Are you a convicted Felon or on a terror watchlist" check) and then hand over the keys to the kingdom.
We know this.
How many data breaches does it take for them to drive the point home.
They don't care.

They vetted the fuck out of me, dude. GCF is going through the process over the course of six months to a year as well. The shit they dig up on you is crazy.

Nor is this outrage. I am simply suspicious as hell of this. This really does look like they set her up to fail so they could make an example of her instead of the people who were actually doing the damage.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They vetted the fuck out of me, dude. GCF is going through the process over the course of six months to a year as well. The shit they dig up on you is crazy.

Nor is this outrage. I am simply suspicious as hell of this. This really does look like they set her up to fail so they could make an example of her instead of the people who were actually doing the damage.
Weird.

I passed my initial Security clearance check for the US Army pretty quick, and seven or eight background checks since then without fanfare.
And y'all are the handful of people who witnessed my previous posting history on the DCF as an agitator.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"