Re: Happy Birthday !

Post by Hastur » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:41 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:44 am
clubgop wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:21 pm
Then you don't have a wife, you have a mistress.
Huh?
There is always an alpha in any successful relationship. Wolves are a perfect example.

There are an alpha male and females; they both share and respect. The alpha male wolf also takes care of the sick by being in the back when traveling. At the same time, it will kick ass when needed. The female alpha takes care of the family, etc.

If you give up your status as alpha, you don't share you are dominated.
The alpha wolf is a decrepit concept and it's been abandoned for a long time.

Here is what David Mech, the man who coined the term, says about it.
The concept of the alpha wolf is well ingrained in the popular wolf literature, at least partly because of my book “The Wolf: Ecology and Behavior of an Endangered Species,” written in 1968, published in 1970, republished in paperback in 1981, and currently still in print, despite my numerous pleas to the publisher to stop publishing it. Although most of the book’s info is still accurate, much is outdated. We have learned more about wolves in the last 40 years then in all of previous history.

One of the outdated pieces of information is the concept of the alpha wolf. “Alpha” implies competing with others and becoming top dog by winning a contest or battle. However, most wolves who lead packs achieved their position simply by mating and producing pups, which then became their pack. In other words they are merely breeders, or parents, and that’s all we call them today, the “breeding male,” “breeding female,” or “male parent,” “female parent,” or the “adult male” or “adult female.” In the rare packs that include more than one breeding animal, the “dominant breeder” can be called that, and any breeding daughter can be called a “subordinate breeder.”
https://davemech.org/wolf-news-and-information/

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:02 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:41 am
The Conservative wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 pm

Huh?
There is always an alpha in any successful relationship. Wolves are a perfect example.

There are an alpha male and females; they both share and respect. The alpha male wolf also takes care of the sick by being in the back when traveling. At the same time, it will kick ass when needed. The female alpha takes care of the family, etc.

The concept of the alpha wolf is well ingrained in the popular wolf literature, at least partly because of my book “The Wolf: Ecology and Behavior of an Endangered Species,” written in 1968, published in 1970, republished in paperback in 1981, and currently still in print, despite my numerous pleas to the publisher to stop publishing it. Although most of the book’s info is still accurate, much is outdated. We have learned more about wolves in the last 40 years then in all of previous history.

One of the outdated pieces of information is the concept of the alpha wolf. “Alpha” implies competing with others and becoming top dog by winning a contest or battle. However, most wolves who lead packs achieved their position simply by mating and producing pups, which then became their pack. In other words they are merely breeders, or parents, and that’s all we call them today, the “breeding male,” “breeding female,” or “male parent,” “female parent,” or the “adult male” or “adult female.” In the rare packs that include more than one breeding animal, the “dominant breeder” can be called that, and any breeding daughter can be called a “subordinate breeder.”

Wow, someone has an ego..."Because of my book"

Seriously? Ever think that the Native Americans and other cultures were using the wolf as an example of what an Alpha is well before this congratulating asshole was born?
#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:54 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:28 pm
clubgop wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:23 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:10 pm

I don't need any with my wife, she spoils me, I'm pampered far beyond anything I deserve.

Yeah, no.
Yeah, yeah.

There's no leverage, either way, she's not the boss of me, I'm not the boss of her.

None the less, I am spoiled rotten, I assure you. Literally dotes on me.

My own mother complains about it, says I don't deserve it.
I meant that ain't me.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:57 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:02 am
Hastur wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Seriously? Ever think that the Native Americans and other cultures were using the wolf as an example of what an Alpha is well before this congratulating asshole was born?
That's great do you enjoy the abundant absorbancy of native American hair tampons?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:05 am

clubgop wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:54 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:28 pm
clubgop wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:23 pm

Yeah, no.
Yeah, yeah.

There's no leverage, either way, she's not the boss of me, I'm not the boss of her.

None the less, I am spoiled rotten, I assure you. Literally dotes on me.

My own mother complains about it, says I don't deserve it.
I meant that ain't me.
It's not most people neither, that's why I am so devoted to my wife, she's something special.

It's like my parents fought like cats and dogs and they stabbed each other in the back, that's what I grew up with.

I wanted a marriage based on true love, a romantic marriage, a sacred marriage,

I didn't want to be like a Boomer, I wanted to mate for life, till death do us part

The tricky part is finding the right girl,
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 am

clubgop wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:57 am
The Conservative wrote:
Hastur wrote:

That's great do you enjoy the abundant absorbancy of native American hair tampons?
Russia, Native Americans, Germans, Pick a culture.

Either way if you think this guy coined or gave credence to the wolf as an alpha, you are smoking some damned good stuff.
#NotOneRedCent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:02 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:17 am
clubgop wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:57 am
The Conservative wrote:

Russia, Native Americans, Germans, Pick a culture.

Either way if you think this guy coined or gave credence to the wolf as an alpha, you are smoking some damned good stuff.
Who, then, coined the term alpha wolf?

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:16 pm

There's no such thing as an Alpha Dog, dogs do not have that sort of hierarchical organization.

There is however such a thing as an Alpha Chimp.

The misconception though, is that the Alpha Chimp is the biggest and strongest and most aggressive.

Jane Goodall has shown that the Alpha Chimp is rather the most self confident and reassuring.

Chimps hunt in packs and fight wars, the dominant leaders therein are the one who form the strongest alliances.

If there is a particularly large aggressive Chimp trying to use force, two Alphas will form an alliance to defeat him.

Not only do they form armies, but they combine armies as needed to overcome the miscreants.

Chimps actually favor peace and order, the Alphas are the ones who keep the peace.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Thank you.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:13 pm

Do either of you have dogs?
#NotOneRedCent