Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

pineapplemike

Re: Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Pittsburgh mayor fires back at Trump: My city will follow Paris agreement
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... llow-paris
You would think he would have picked a better city to use in his speech. It was a good line, but now it's tainted..

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:22 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Pittsburgh mayor fires back at Trump: My city will follow Paris agreement
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... llow-paris
You would think he would have picked a better city to use in his speech. It was a good line, but now it's tainted..
Yeah, the Pittsburgh Mayor threw in with Team Goldman Sachs against Trump.
I don't think it taints Trumps speech at all.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Penner

Post by Penner » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:56 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Penner wrote:
de officiis wrote:
I agree...

That funny because like 80% of Pittsburgh voted for Clinton.
Yeah, that's part of what makes it great. Trump is saying I represent you and will do what best for the US citizens even if you didn't vote for me.
But the majority of people in Pittsburgh don't want to leave the Paris Accords and don't like Trump- which is ironic which Trump said that he is doing this for the "people of Pittsburgh" but not in the way you are thinking about.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:13 pm

The majority everybody. Think of the majority in the slums of Pittsburgh and in the posh houses with security guards. Neck urself

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Penner wrote:

That funny because like 80% of Pittsburgh voted for Clinton.
Yeah, that's part of what makes it great. Trump is saying I represent you and will do what best for the US citizens even if you didn't vote for me.
But the majority of people in Pittsburgh don't want to leave the Paris Accords and don't like Trump- which is ironic which Trump said that he is doing this for the "people of Pittsburgh" but not in the way you are thinking about.
Oh, shit, we're voting on Treaties now. Or did they just vote on the Treaty in Pittsburgh ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Ph64 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Isn't it a time honored tradition for the US to pull out of Climate change shit? I thought we did the same thing with the Kyoto ones decades back. Does anyone honestly believe that Climate change or any important problem ever got solved by a fucking G20 summit or a group of governments? When the UN can't stop sub-Saharan Africans from hacking each other to death with machetes, I question my faith in the power of international organizations.
You can tell how serious all these politicians are about climate change when in this day and age of computers and tele/videoconferencing they all hop into fuel guzzling pollution (especially if you consider CO2 pollution) generating airplanes, many of them even more wasteful private jets, to fly 1/2 way around the planet for many of them, to attend a "climate accord" to profess how seriously they're working on cutting emissions. :roll:
And yet global warming is real, and really can not be dealt without global effort.

I have to agree the disconnect between word and action by the VIPs shows a lack of concern. I can't wait for Miami to disappear.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:28 pm

Bye Miami.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:18 pm

There's nothing in the Paris Accord, it's just a bunch of virtue signalling fluff, there's no concrete plan as to how they are going to "keep global temperature increases below two degrees", and the only thing binding within, is a $100 billion slush fund for "assistance to the third world" with no accountability as to how it will be spent.

So, basically just another black box cash grab under the auspices of "Climate Change!", who knew?
Nec Aspera Terrent

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:57 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:There's nothing in the Paris Accord, it's just a bunch of virtue signalling fluff, there's no concrete plan as to how they are going to "keep global temperature increases below two degrees", and the only thing binding within, is a $100 billion slush fund for "assistance to the third world" with no accountability as to how it will be spent.

So, basically just another black box cash grab under the auspices of "Climate Change!", who knew?
So they were never serious.

Oh well, here's hoping the Dutch efforts, and whatever the English are planning for the Thames, and London, holds up.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Kill the King

Post by Kill the King » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Trump Climate President Donald Trump.Susan Walsh/Associated Press
20170531dsSkylineFileLocal08-1 Pittsburgh skyline in this view from the West End Overlook.Darrell Sapp/Post-Gazette
President Donald Trump Makes Statement On Paris Climate Agreement-1 President Donald Trump announces his decision for the United States to pull out of the Paris climate agreement in the Rose Garden at the White House.Win McNamee / Getty Images
1 of 3
‘I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris’: Trump pulling U.S. from global climate pact, dismaying allies