Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

jbird4049

Re: Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Penner wrote:
clubgop wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Please argue with what I said and not with an imaginary someone. The last thing I am is a open borders supporter, and you will not find any comments by me supporting open borders especially wide open borders.
Challenge accepted.
What point? Worldwide temps are rising, glaciers are melting, the poles are getting warmer, Pittsburgh has greatly improved their own environment and also has moved on from their Steel Mill days, etc....
If global warming hits a certain level, the changing climate is almost going to be catastrophic. Not necessarily killing civilization, but it will create a large number of climate refugees. That might include a number of Americans. I really find it annoying when some demonize others escaping horrible conditions created by our country's actions. I also think some neoliberals, and libertarians, will use any environmental crisis as an excuse to have completely open boarders. The fact that that would finish off the unions, and impoverish millions of people already living here would merely be an "accident".
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Well not only that but it would make the problem worse. First world countries use the most fossil fuels and bringing in more people to give them unfettered access to more fossil fuels is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:01 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Well not only that but it would make the problem worse. First world countries use the most fossil fuels and bringing in more people to give them unfettered access to more fossil fuels is like shooting yourself in the foot.
Is there no subject you can't bring immigration into Nuke?
Coral bleaching?
acid rain?
lack of manual transmission pick up trucks?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Time and time again immigration reform offers a way forward. It's not my fault you love kebab so much you are willing to let your girls get nail bombed for it.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:08 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Time and time again immigration reform offers a way forward. It's not my fault you love kebab so much you are willing to let your girls get nail bombed for it.
Nah, vegetarian.
Falafel on the other hand.......
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:53 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
Penner wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Challenge accepted.
What point? Worldwide temps are rising, glaciers are melting, the poles are getting warmer, Pittsburgh has greatly improved their own environment and also has moved on from their Steel Mill days, etc....
If global warming hits a certain level, the changing climate is almost going to be catastrophic. Not necessarily killing civilization, but it will create a large number of climate refugees. That might include a number of Americans. I really find it annoying when some demonize others escaping horrible conditions created by our country's actions. I also think some neoliberals, and libertarians, will use any environmental crisis as an excuse to have completely open boarders. The fact that that would finish off the unions, and impoverish millions of people already living here would merely be an "accident".
I really do believe that some really do want civilization to fall. Sarcastically speaking, maybe the big businesses actually do want the worst case scenario for climate change because somehow they think that they can make more $$$ off of other people's misery. Although, in the end, it will be the 99.9% that will suffer the most.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Penner wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Penner wrote:
I really do believe that some really do want civilization to fall. Sarcastically speaking, maybe the big businesses actually do want the worst case scenario for climate change because somehow they think that they can make more $$$ off of other people's misery. Although, in the end, it will be the 99.9% that will suffer the most.
Will the Representative from Sweet Valley High turn it down a notch? Noise pollution.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:12 pm

really find it annoying when some demonize others escaping horrible conditions created by our country's actions.
But if a foreign actor, us, is always to blame for horrible conditions in another country, how can we be to blame for horrible conditions in our own?

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:36 pm

clubgop wrote:
really find it annoying when some demonize others escaping horrible conditions created by our country's actions.
But if a foreign actor, us, is always to blame for horrible conditions in another country, how can we be to blame for horrible conditions in our own?
Illogical. If someone was a drunk and a wife beater, if he got fired from and arrested for this, it still wouldn't be his responsibility or even his fault if someone shot the family dog and threw a Molotov cocktail through the house window.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:24 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
Illogical. If someone was a drunk and a wife beater, if he got fired from and arrested for this, it still wouldn't be his responsibility or even his fault if someone shot the family dog and threw a Molotov cocktail through the house window.
According to you it would be. If the drunk, crashed and killed the daughter of the motolov thrower you would spot them the dog.