Re: Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:58 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:South Americans don't use AC
or soap.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:00 pm

I don't care the reason that Trump made a smart decision, I just care he made the right call. Who cares if he did it for self-interested reasons and not just to do the American people a solid? A win is a win.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Penner wrote:I mean maybe at the end of the day Trump does have our interest at his heart... Oh, wait no he doesn't. Him dumping the Paris Accord was probably done at the behast of his fellow party members who all took money in from coal, gas, and oil. So, this probably has more to do with lining their pockets than us:

Public opposition to the deal from almost two dozen senators just as the president prepared to make his decision, however, demonstrated the extent to which the opponents of the Paris deal were organized, ready to strike and to offer important political cover if Trump pulls the US out of the historic global deal.

Donations from oil, gas and coal interests to the signatories of the letter are Open Secrets that seemed ready for a new review. A Guardian survey of Federal Elections Commission data organized by the Center for Responsive Politics found that the industries gave a total of $10,694,284 to the 22 senators over the past three election cycles.

Visible donations to Republicans from those industries exceeded donations to Democrats in the 2016 election cycle by a ratio of 15-to-1, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. And that does not include so-called dark money passed from oil interests such as Koch industries to general slush funds to re-elect Republicans such as the Senate leadership fund.

At least $90m in untraceable money has been funneled to Republican candidates from oil, gas and coal interests in the past three election cycles, according to Federal Election Commission disclosures analyzed by the Center for Responsive Politics.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -donations

Here are some Senators that have received money from the oil, gas, and coal companies:
Here’s a breakdown of donations to GOP senators from the oil, gas, and coal industries from the past three election cycles, via the Guardian:

James Inhofe, Oklahoma
Oil & gas: $465,950

Coal: $63,600

Total: $529,550

John Barrasso, Wyoming
Oil & gas: $458,466

Coal: $127,356

Total: $585,822

Mitch McConnell, Kentucky
Oil & gas: $1,180,384

Coal: $361,700

Total: $1,542,084

John Cornyn, Texas
Oil & gas: $1,101,456

Coal: $33,050

Total: $1,134,506

Roy Blunt, Missouri
Oil & gas: $353,864

Coal: $96,000

Total: $449,864

Roger Wicker, Mississippi
Oil & gas: $198,816

Coal: $25,376

Total: $224,192

Michael Enzi, Wyoming
Oil & gas: $211,083

Coal: $63,300

Total: $274,383

Mike Crapo, Idaho
Oil & gas: $110,250

Coal: $26,756

Total: $137,006

Jim Risch, Idaho
Oil & gas: $123,850

Coal: $25,680

Total: $149,530

Thad Cochran, Mississippi
Oil & gas: $276,905

Coal: $15,000

Total: $291,905

Mike Rounds, South Dakota
Oil & gas: $201,900

Coal: none

Total: $201,900

Rand Paul, Kentucky
Oil & gas: $170,215

Coal: $82,571

Total: $252,786

John Boozman, Arkansas
Oil & gas: $147,930

Coal: $2,000

Total: $149,930

Richard Shelby, Alabama
Oil & gas: $60,150

Coal: $2,500

Total: $62,650

Luther Strange, Alabama
(Appointed in 2017, running in 2017 special election)

Total: NA

Orrin Hatch, Utah
Oil & gas: $446,250

Coal: $25,000

Total: $471,250

Mike Lee, Utah
Oil & gas: $231,520

Coal: $21,895

Total: $253,415

Ted Cruz, Texas
Oil & gas: $2,465,910

Coal: $103,900

Total: $2,569,810

David Perdue, Georgia
Oil & gas: $184,250

Coal: $0

Total: $184,250

Thom Tillis, North Carolina
Oil & gas: $263,400

Coal: $0

Total: $263,400

Tim Scott, South Carolina
Oil & gas: $490,076

Coal: $58,200

Total: $548,276

Pat Roberts, Kansas
Oil & gas: $388,950

Coal: $28,825

Total: $417,775

Grand total: $10,694,284
http://deadstate.org/these-22-gop-senat ... y-big-oil/
I can't even imagine the thought of us missing that important Climate Change meeting. I heard that Elon Musk gave Merkel a blueprint at the meeting for an HIV-positive-semen powered locomotive. It will usher in a new era of green transportation in Europe.
Shikata ga nai

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:05 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:You're pants on head retarded.

No. Youre fucking programmed. You can't explain why you want to import the world instead of letting the population equalize to normative levels. You're a faggot and a half if you think importing people into a society where they have more access to resources is going to help the environment.
Please argue with what I said and not with an imaginary someone. The last thing I am is a open borders supporter, and you will not find any comments by me supporting open borders especially wide open borders.
Ok hear me out. You are aware that when these climate change concerns we're round tabled immigration was one of the things discussed all those decades ago right? Well the round table was subversively funded to drop the immigration issue. Until the stupid leftists wake the fuck up this Paris Accord bull shit is going to be the best response you're going to see to climate change. If you want to fucking do something get on board, because SURPRISE when us racists say "my blood, my land" we mean it. We care about nature far more than any of the mongol horde leftists want to import to rape our daughters.
I think some would looove to any wedge they can for completely opening the borders.

I also think that if things go really bad then there will be refugees if for no other reason than food.

And proclaiming a race war especially when the business leaders and politicians who enabled the mess get off...no I don't think so. We might have to deal with the crises but l'll not condemned the victims.

It's like blaming a British born fool for being a jihadist, which is bad, true, but the Saudi princes who funded the ultra extremist madras, mosques, and preachers spreading Wahhabism and violent jihad using the money they got from selling us oil scot free. Who is more culpable? The fools or the ones leading them astray?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:05 pm

StCapps wrote:I don't care the reason that Trump made a smart decision, I just care he made the right call. Who cares if he did it for self-interested reasons and not just to do the American people a solid? A win is a win.
Exactly, just walk away, America, don't matter the why, just do it, there will be no price to pay, in fact, it gives America the edge as the only country not burdened by this scam, let the rest drive their power prices through the roof, before you know it, the jobs will be offshoring to you to get away from the Solar-Wind utopian-malthusian ideologically inflated prices.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:27 pm

Penner wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

Only white people give a shit about so-called global warming. Asians are not down with the cult.
All this blathering about the evil libtards/greens/big biz doesn't change the fact that global warming is being caused by pollution. One can argue about the solutions, but we best find them now.
I guess they can't wait for the rise in temps.

Overall, I guess connectivities really want is to horde the drinking water, once we pollute/re-pollute every single river/lake/stream, etc... and also have the poor choked on polluted air when they can sell us clean air.
You bipolar? You were just showing pics demonstrating Pittsburgh is improving, stop being a melodramatic drama queen, it just proves our point.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:37 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:You're pants on head retarded.

No. Youre fucking programmed. You can't explain why you want to import the world instead of letting the population equalize to normative levels. You're a faggot and a half if you think importing people into a society where they have more access to resources is going to help the environment.
Please argue with what I said and not with an imaginary someone. The last thing I am is a open borders supporter, and you will not find any comments by me supporting open borders especially wide open borders.
Challenge accepted.

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:I don't care the reason that Trump made a smart decision, I just care he made the right call. Who cares if he did it for self-interested reasons and not just to do the American people a solid? A win is a win.
Exactly, just walk away, America, don't matter the why, just do it, there will be no price to pay, in fact, it gives America the edge as the only country not burdened by this scam, let the rest drive their power prices through the roof, before you know it, the jobs will be offshoring to you to get away from the Solar-Wind utopian-malthusian ideologically inflated prices.
Hey Smitty, just a question I've been turning over in my head for a while, but what is your exact beef with nuclear? If it's just because Alberta wouldn't profit quite as much from it, that's fine, just say so. You don't strike me as the kinda guy who'd care one wit for so-called nuclear waste, potential accidents, or proliferation concerns, so I can only imagine it otherwise boils down to upfront cost or the current state of nuclear regulations.

Help me out here.
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:46 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Hey Smitty, just a question I've been turning over in my head for a while, but what is your exact beef with nuclear? If it's just because Alberta wouldn't profit quite as much from it, that's fine, just say so. You don't strike me as the kinda guy who'd care one wit for so-called nuclear waste, potential accidents, or proliferation concerns, so I can only imagine it otherwise boils down to upfront cost or the current state of nuclear regulations.

Help me out here.
It's just ridulously expensive power, nuclear power is the boondoggle of the 1950's that we still haven't paid off yet and which is getting more expensive as it goes, the reactors have to be overhauled again, another $12 billion for that; we could have just been buying hydro electric power from Quebec this whole time instead of the this nuclear white elephant, at 3¢ per killowatt hour instead of 6¢ for nuclear, and the even more absurd "renewables" price of 12¢.

Buying power on the open market; half the price of our nuclear power, one quarter the price of our "Green!" power. The point in Ontario has been more about funneling public money to these White Elephants rather than getting the most power for the best price.

Because the Politicians are captured by the entrenched interest of these White Elephants, they will claim the purpose is to drive the economy, but you don't drive an economy anywhere but into the ditch, paying two, three, and now even four times the market rate for electricity.

The government's here, they wanted their Made in Ontario solution, because then they can hand taxpayers money to their cronies and then their cronies will fund their campaigns, but the Ontario taxpayer is getting crushed, just to stop us from buying clean cheap and plentiful power from Quebec, where the polticians here don't have any cronies.

At this point, they've piled so much of this on top of itself over the last half century, piling even more on now with the johnny come lately Wind-Solar cronies; the province is literally spiralling into crisis, deep in debt, and paying the highest electricity rates on the continent, which is now starting to drive businesses right out of here, or just kill them in place where they stand, and the full weight of it hasn't even hit yet, the worst of the bills are yet to come.

Now, thirteen years ago when the Liberals came to power, things were already bad, because the nuclear was aging very quickly, the costs for that were already coming down the pike, but the Liberals were looking for some new corporate welfare bums to be their cronies, so they latched onto the Wind-Solar parasites, and because the Liberal base is made up of the same sort of fuckwits as penner and jbird, the Liberals were able to sell it as a "Cheap, Green, and Clean", thirteen years later the bills are astronomical, but it's too late now, even if we fire the Liberals, we can't undo the damage done.

The Liberals know they're in trouble now, they're feeling the heat, but it's making them do even worse things, so, going into the election, they can't run on the Green Power energy pricing because the electorate is in a rage, so what they're doing is, they're taking half the price off the Green Power now, and putting it into the future, they're trying to duck the penalty now, but guess what's gonna happen in ten years? That's right, all the payment they are deferring now, is going to get tacked on in the future, so the future hydro bills which will already be expensive as all hell, will then get doubled.

But that's what they already did with the nuclear costs, they put those into the future too, problem being, that future is now, so we're compounding the already bad nuclear boondoggle, by throwing and even worse Green Energy boondoggle on top.

If you're like me, and you don't work for the man, you don't have kids, you have plenty of money, it's not that big a deal, but most poeple are not like me, most people work for the man, most people have kids, and most people are tight for money, and those people there; they're gonna be seriously fucked.

The Well To Do and the Right WIng Nutjobs, we don't like paying these prices, but they're not gonna crush us, but the people who these Lefties claim to be their constituents, the lower middle and working classes, they're the ones who are going to get crushed. Will I kick them they're down? Yeah, I probably will, they voted for this shit, so let them burn in it, get those lammposts and hang the Lefties from them, or don't come crying to me.

Oh, and stay off my lawn, filthy urchins, when this Green Power catastrophe comes down upon your heads, don't think you're gonna be pandhandling and living in your van around these parts, hit the road. Since y'all like windmills so much, you can take your sorry asses down to the provincial windfarm and squat there, bring a solar panel to charge your phone too, deadbeats.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:37 am

Lol.

I guess people don't know what the Paris Accord was and believe the crap that Trump talked about it to be.

That all countries except two had signed it ought to make it clear that there actually isn't much anything binding in it in the first place...
each country determines its own contribution it should make in order to mitigate global warming. There is no mechanism to force a country to set a specific target by a specific date.
So Trump simply could have changed just what the "contribution" of the US is. But as I said, Trump (thanks to Bannon) portrayed himself as defending (somehow) the US against everybody else (that assumably were laughing at the US) for his clueless base. And the best thing, he got the much needed condemnation from other countries that will make him popular among his most loyal supporters.