Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

Fife

Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

Post by Fife » Wed May 31, 2017 6:41 am

The Fake News doesn't appear to know whether to juke left, right, or sideways this morning. Bets hedged.

Check these sources:

NYT: Trump Poised to Pull U.S. From Paris Climate Accord
President Trump was poised Wednesday to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate agreement, two officials with knowledge of the decision said, making good on a campaign pledge but severely weakening the landmark 2015 climate change accord that committed nearly every nation to take action to curb the warming of the planet.

But White House officials cautioned that the decision is not yet final.

Faced with advisers who pressed hard on both sides of the Paris question, Mr. Trump appears to have decided that a continued United States presence in the accord would harm the economy; hinder job creation in regions like Appalachia and the West, where his most ardent supporters live; and undermine his “America First” message. But advisers pressing him to remain in the accord were still pressing up to the final announcement.

Hopefully there will be a definitive statement from POTUS one way or the other soon, now that the leaking / fabrication machine is chugging away again.

Speaker to Animals

Re: Au Revoir, Paris Accord?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 31, 2017 6:54 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed May 31, 2017 6:59 am

Goodbye, air supply...

Is that an accident, or very, very clever?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 31, 2017 7:00 am

You'll drown before you run out of oxygen.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed May 31, 2017 7:02 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:You'll drown before you run out of oxygen.
:lol:

Sort of amounts to the same thing though, doesn't it.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed May 31, 2017 7:18 am

Isn't it a time honored tradition for the US to pull out of Climate change shit? I thought we did the same thing with the Kyoto ones decades back. Does anyone honestly believe that Climate change or any important problem ever got solved by a fucking G20 summit or a group of governments? When the UN can't stop sub-Saharan Africans from hacking each other to death with machetes, I question my faith in the power of international organizations.
Shikata ga nai

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed May 31, 2017 7:43 am

heydaralon wrote:Isn't it a time honored tradition for the US to pull out of Climate change shit? I thought we did the same thing with the Kyoto ones decades back. Does anyone honestly believe that Climate change or any important problem ever got solved by a fucking G20 summit or a group of governments? When the UN can't stop sub-Saharan Africans from hacking each other to death with machetes, I question my faith in the power of international organizations.
Someone actually thought this was going to stop boko haram.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:19 am

heydaralon wrote:Isn't it a time honored tradition for the US to pull out of Climate change shit? I thought we did the same thing with the Kyoto ones decades back. Does anyone honestly believe that Climate change or any important problem ever got solved by a fucking G20 summit or a group of governments? When the UN can't stop sub-Saharan Africans from hacking each other to death with machetes, I question my faith in the power of international organizations.
You can tell how serious all these politicians are about climate change when in this day and age of computers and tele/videoconferencing they all hop into fuel guzzling pollution (especially if you consider CO2 pollution) generating airplanes, many of them even more wasteful private jets, to fly 1/2 way around the planet for many of them, to attend a "climate accord" to profess how seriously they're working on cutting emissions. :roll:
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 31, 2017 8:27 am

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 31, 2017 2:05 pm