Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:25 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:24 am

As expected, nothing to contribute.
internet forum, brah, pretty sure this is how they work, new guy

to my forum "friends" I offer the open palm, to my forum "foes", the sword
If you consider me a foe
internet forums are arenas of shifting allegiances, there are no permanent friends nor foes, only interests

one is a foe so long as one chooses to be hostile, usually passive aggressive, but I don't hold grudges
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Re: BREAKING NEWS

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:31 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:29 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:27 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:25 am

internet forum, brah, pretty sure this is how they work, new guy

to my forum "friends" I offer the open palm, to my forum "foes", the sword
If you consider me a foe
internet forums are arenas of shifting allegiances, there are no permanent friends nor foes, only interests

one is a foe so long as one chooses to be hostile, usually passive aggressive, but I don't hold grudges
I’m rarely if ever hostile. Just more willing than most to call you on your bullshit.

I consider you an interesting character that amuses and annoys in equal measure.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:35 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:31 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:27 am

If you consider me a foe

I’m rarely if ever hostile. Just more willing than most to call you on your bullshit.

I consider you an interesting character that amuses and annoys in equal measure.
so this is a passive aggressive response, but I don't find reputational destruction tactics to be effective here

people know me here, thus I wear your incessant scolding as a badge of honour

you are effeminate, passive aggressive, you engage in scolding & shaming tactics

but this is a very male forum, so your engaging in these feminine tactics just lowers your reputation here

boys will be boys, it's a rough & tumble arena, to engage in scolding is to make yourself not one of the boys

you haven't actually called me on any bullshit, that's just a passive aggressive way of calling me a liar

to be one of the boys, you would be aggressive, say what lies you think I have told, confront me

instead you rush about like a mother hen, scolding and trying to police the threads
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:15 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:30 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:27 am

Otherwise, thanks for shitting up another thread. /shrug
ha ha ha, we've turned Monte to the forces of hockey now, fifteen minutes notice to launch on warning

What?
I stayed on topic in this thread. I even added some information and perspective.

Besides, it was decided content control is for pussies.
Go Leafs.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:23 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:15 am

What?
I stayed on topic in this thread. I even added some information and perspective.

Go Leafs.
notice to move is not an order to move

notice to move simply means you are ready to move

fifteen minutes notice to launch on warning, is sitting at fifteen minutes notice to move

upon the order to move, you have fifteen minutes of preparation time before you have to be stood to

in terms of the Leafs, Leafs fans in my day were rowdy, working class joe's

any fight Leafs related, we were there ready to throw down for King Billy against the Fenian Habs

Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:27 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:35 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

so this is a passive aggressive response, but I don't find reputational destruction tactics to be effective here
Hardly. It’s an honest and open response. The fact that you disagree with it provokes you to attack my character as usual.

you are effeminate, passive aggressive, you engage in scolding & shaming tactics

but this is a very male forum, so your engaging in these feminine tactics just lowers your reputation here

boys will be boys, it's a rough & tumble arena, to engage in scolding is to make yourself not one of the boys

you haven't actually called me on any bullshit, that's just a passive aggressive way of calling me a liar

to be one of the boys, you would be aggressive, say what lies you think I have told, confront me

instead you rush about like a mother hen, scolding and trying to police the threads
Really don’t need your approval, and never called or implied that you were a liar.

I called you on your dumbass tactics of repetitively burying or ignoring counter-points, and parading around like a coked up pigeon.

Every thread gets either a thesis paper on your virtue, or a bullying attack on the poster, without fail.

Nothing passive aggressive about me, my statements are simple and direct. You’re intimidated and frustrated by people that smoothly counter your moves. The internet doesn’t work like your barracks.

If you want an all CAPS rant, then you’re simply trolling. You’re outclassed and outplayed here.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:33 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:27 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:35 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Hardly. It’s an honest and open response. The fact that you disagree with it provokes you to attack my character as usual.

Really don’t need your approval, and never called or implied that you were a liar.

I called you on your dumbass tactics of repetitively burying or ignoring counter-points, and parading around like a coked up pigeon.

Every thread gets either a thesis paper on your virtue, or a bullying attack on the poster, without fail.

Nothing passive aggressive about me, my statements are simple and direct. You’re intimidated and frustrated by people that smoothly counter your moves. The internet doesn’t work like your barracks.

If you want an all CAPS rant, then you’re simply trolling. You’re outclassed and outplayed here.
tldr
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:44 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:23 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:15 am

What?

Go Leafs.
notice to move is not an order to move

notice to move simply means you are ready to move

fifteen minutes notice to launch on warning, is sitting at fifteen minutes notice to move

upon the order to move, you have fifteen minutes of preparation time before you have to be stood to

in terms of the Leafs, Leafs fans in my day were rowdy, working class joe's

any fight Leafs related, we were there ready to throw down for King Billy against the Fenian Habs

I'm up for scrapping with damn Papists, I've still not forgiven Fawkes.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:51 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:44 am
I'm up for scrapping with damn Papists
GSTQ

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:02 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:51 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:44 am
I'm up for scrapping with damn Papists
GSTQ