BREAKING NEWS

SilverEagle

Re: BREAKING NEWS

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:50 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 pm
Everything Dan said in the past was a fucking lie - he never really believed any of it.
Very disappointed in Dan at the moment.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:10 am

It's interesting. He was against the Obama National Security State, and hates Trump despite the fact that he's everything Dan has been supposedly waiting for. He even re-negotiated NAFTA and instituted Tariffs, two things Dan himself wanted to do around the time of that Common Sense episode "DNN." And now he's voting for Biden, who will no doubt do everything Obama did except worse, national security wise.

I think Dan expected his views to be "Martian" forever. Now that they're not, he's pivoting. What he doesn't understand, or is unwilling to admit, is that his myth of our great American Republic is not going to be real again, no matter how much you signal otherwise.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:26 am

Having listened to it, his concern seems to be centered around Trump 'flirting with civil war', based on his repeated statement that he can only lose if it's rigged.

Being a normal person, I get that Trump is just saying he's going to win. But if those words came from a 'serious politician', it would definitely sound like a threat.

Context is everything, and yeah - this is where Trump's style is backfiring spectacularly. His inherent disrespect for the office is making it sound like he wants to go Sulla. Not a wise move on his part, tbh.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:36 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:26 am
Having listened to it, his concern seems to be centered around Trump 'flirting with civil war', based on his repeated statement that he can only lose if it's rigged.

Being a normal person, I get that Trump is just saying he's going to win. But if those words came from a 'serious politician', it would definitely sound like a threat.
Oh, you like when those words come out of "serious politicians" like Pelosi, AOC, Harris, and even Biden?

That is such a BS concern when the Democrats have not only flirted with civil war, but have been encouraging it. The Democrats have said there will be more riots if Trump wins and are already saying they won't accept any result that isn't a Harris....er RBG, I mean, Biden win.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:58 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Context is everything, and yeah - this is where Trump's style is backfiring spectacularly. His inherent disrespect for the office is making it sound like he wants to go Sulla. Not a wise move on his part, tbh.

If Dan can’t figure out that those comments are just Trump being Trump - what kind of commentator is Dan?

I’m not buying it...

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:07 am

I can read minds & predict the future just as good as Dan, or any Democrat.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:14 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:

You can change your colors, but not your stripes.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:35 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:36 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Oh, you like when those words come out of "serious politicians" like Pelosi, AOC, Harris, and even Biden?

That is such a BS concern when the Democrats have not only flirted with civil war, but have been encouraging it. The Democrats have said there will be more riots if Trump wins and are already saying they won't accept any result that isn't a Harris....er RBG, I mean, Biden win.
I don't "like it" either way. But the context is different when someone is using a serious tone, and speaking literally. Trump (we hope) is not speaking literally.
The fact that we even have to parse this tells me that it was a colossal fuckup on his part to leave this so ambiguous as to sound like a threat to the Republic.

Bullet, meet foot.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:48 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:35 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:36 am

I don't "like it" either way. But the context is different when someone is using a serious tone, and speaking literally. Trump (we hope) is not speaking literally.
The fact that we even have to parse this tells me that it was a colossal fuckup on his part to leave this so ambiguous as to sound like a threat to the Republic.

Bullet, meet foot.
That should have read "You mean like", not you like it.

No one has to parse it. He's right. The only way he loses this is if the Democrats cheat enough to win. That's not a call for civil war. The Dems have straight up said there will be more rioting and a war if Trump wins. Heck, they want a war just because RBG died from cancer. They really just want a war, period.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:57 am

Serious like Schumer, who threatened the president’s life. Serious like Pelosi, who threatened civil war. Serious like AOC, who threatened riots. Fucking lot of serious politicians.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change