BREAKING NEWS

StCapps

Re: BREAKING NEWS

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:01 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:57 pm
I'm not making predictions tbh. I have no problems stating that the cart is far ahead of the horse however
Cart way ahead of the horse indeed.

They don't know, but they acting like they do know, Reverse 50 Cent.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:08 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:45 pm

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:50 pm

StCapps wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:44 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:29 pm
Yes, it really is that simple. Nobody else within say, spitting distance of Iran has any reason to care what happens there. And certainly no one with a world-ending array of nuclear weaponry, or a massive military.
Russia doesn't care about Iran that much, they care, but they ain't going to nuke the US over it SIFCLF. Russia would like the price of oil to go through the roof anyway, if Iran shuts down the strait of Hormuz, that actually does Russia a huge favor. The US going to war with Iran would escalate tensions between the US and Russia, but the world isn't going to end because of it.
The fact the US sells more oil than it produces (and I thought we already don't use Iranian oil) the US could be less affected than you think. Honestly, if the US stopped the selling of Iranian oil on the market, it could implode their economy faster than any war.

That being said, Iran is only important to Russia as a pawn against the US... there is no reason for the US to go after Iran right now except to neuter it's ability to be a Terrorist funding country.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Somebody does not understand how the international commodities markets work.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:18 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:00 pm
Oil was put on the stock market during the Regan administration, in this case it was against the whims of a lot of people. A finite resource never should have been put on the open market in such a manner, not without controls on it to keep it from massive inflation as we have seen in the past.

Don't tell me I don't know anything about international commodities work, I know for a fact that if the UK and the US took Iranian oil off the market, it would be a massive blow to Iran, and it would shake the international community's confidence in Iranian oil, especially the only market that would matter that might carry it would be China. Those in the know, know full well China's market's foundation is weak due to the bubbles that are ready to burst such as the inflated housing, education, and other markets that make any US bubble in the last look dwarfish in comparison.

As it stands now, Iran is playing with fire, and you and Iran don't seem to realize it.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:15 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:18 pm
Oil was put on the stock market during the Regan administration, in this case it was against the whims of a lot of people. A finite resource never should have been put on the open market in such a manner, not without controls on it to keep it from massive inflation as we have seen in the past.

Don't tell me I don't know anything about international commodities work, I know for a fact that if the UK and the US took Iranian oil off the market, it would be a massive blow to Iran, and it would shake the international community's confidence in Iranian oil, especially the only market that would matter that might carry it would be China. Those in the know, know full well China's market's foundation is weak due to the bubbles that are ready to burst such as the inflated housing, education, and other markets that make any US bubble in the last look dwarfish in comparison.

As it stands now, Iran is playing with fire, and you and Iran don't seem to realize it.
Commodities and stocks are two different things. If you don't want me to tell you that you know jack shit about finance and economics, then at least don't confuse stocks with commodities. FFS. :doh:

Light Sweet Crude (WTI) is the main oil commodity price that affects us. It is not traded on any stock market. It is traded on the NYMEX. The futures price for WTI is usually what people refer to when they speak of oil prices in a general sense. That price changes according to every little thing that happens in the global economy and geopolitical conflicts. War with Iran is going to jack up those prices bigly, and it doesn't matter where oil comes from or goes. It all comes down to those future contracts because most of the oil is traded here regardless of where it gets shipped once produced.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:15 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:18 pm

Commodities and stocks are two different things. If you don't want me to tell you that you know jack shit about finance and economics, then at least don't confuse stocks with commodities. FFS. :doh:

Light Sweet Crude (WTI) is the main oil commodity price that affects us. It is not traded on any stock market. It is traded on the NYMEX. The futures price for WTI is usually what people refer to when they speak of oil prices in a general sense. That price changes according to every little thing that happens in the global economy and geopolitical conflicts. War with Iran is going to jack up those prices bigly, and it doesn't matter where oil comes from or goes. It all comes down to those future contracts because most of the oil is traded here regardless of where it gets shipped once produced.
Is it traded, yes or no? If it’s taken off the market by two of the largest entities out there that do, would it affect it, yes or no?
#NotOneRedCent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:27 am

Federal prosecutors in Philadelphia have seized a container ship operated by the Mediterranean Shipping Co., weeks after authorities found more than $1 billion worth of cocaine on the vessel in what was one of the largest drug busts in American history.
US Customs and Border Protection seized the ship on July 4, a statement out Monday said. The ship is owned by client assets in a maritime strategy offered by JPMorgan Asset Management, according to a person familiar with the matter. It is operated by the Switzerland-based MSC.
On June 18, CBP agents found 39,525 pounds of cocaine stashed in several containers on the MSC Gayane at the Philadelphia seaport. The street value of the drugs was estimated at about $1.3 billion, making it the largest cocaine seizure by the agency.

http://archive.is/enSWm

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:31 am

Q
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:51 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:27 am
Federal prosecutors in Philadelphia have seized a container ship operated by the Mediterranean Shipping Co., weeks after authorities found more than $1 billion worth of cocaine on the vessel in what was one of the largest drug busts in American history.
US Customs and Border Protection seized the ship on July 4, a statement out Monday said. The ship is owned by client assets in a maritime strategy offered by JPMorgan Asset Management, according to a person familiar with the matter. It is operated by the Switzerland-based MSC.
On June 18, CBP agents found 39,525 pounds of cocaine stashed in several containers on the MSC Gayane at the Philadelphia seaport. The street value of the drugs was estimated at about $1.3 billion, making it the largest cocaine seizure by the agency.

http://archive.is/enSWm
*yip*