BREAKING NEWS

kybkh

Re: BREAKING NEWS

Post by kybkh » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:30 am

#NeverForget!! They always knew and this guys even told you in March 2017. Wtf does he know though, he's a Putin cock boy.

Former Acting CIA Director Michael Morell, who endorsed Hillary Clinton and called Donald Trump a dupe of Russia, cast doubt Wednesday night on allegations that members of the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

Morell, who was in line to become CIA director if Clinton won, said he had seen no evidence that Trump associates cooperated with Russians. He also raised questions about the dossier written by a former British intelligence officer, which alleged a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cl ... on-n734176
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:42 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:15 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:05 am
LOL

I do not really know for sure, but I would have assumed 800 year old timber would go out in a blaze if lit.
I doubt there were many beams left of that age.
The roof was rebuilt in the 19th century including the spire which collapsed.

You're right though, old dry timber burns.
This could have started days before the fire got out of hand. A single carelessly extinguished Gauloises could have been the cause.

I've heard that it took 13,000 oak trees to provide the timber to build the roof (over 50 acres of forest). The longest beams are 45m long and nothing over 40m is available today. To re-build in oak they would have to change the design.

Very few people ever see it because of the crypted ceiling.
I would rather they used steel to rebuild it and saved the oak trees for something else.

There is no way the Catholic archdiocese of Paris is going to okay the destruction of fifty acres of old-growth oak trees. They will use steel most likely.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:49 am

Trees grow back, y’all.
Get those chainsaws out.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:51 am

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:42 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:15 am
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:05 am
LOL

I do not really know for sure, but I would have assumed 800 year old timber would go out in a blaze if lit.
I doubt there were many beams left of that age.
The roof was rebuilt in the 19th century including the spire which collapsed.

You're right though, old dry timber burns.
This could have started days before the fire got out of hand. A single carelessly extinguished Gauloises could have been the cause.

I've heard that it took 13,000 oak trees to provide the timber to build the roof (over 50 acres of forest). The longest beams are 45m long and nothing over 40m is available today. To re-build in oak they would have to change the design.

Very few people ever see it because of the crypted ceiling.
I would rather they used steel to rebuild it and saved the oak trees for something else.

There is no way the Catholic archdiocese of Paris is going to okay the destruction of fifty acres of old-growth oak trees. They will use steel most likely.
Honestly, it would take ten years to find all the timber necessary.
Has to be slow growing European oak to have the properties necessary and most large mature oaks have preservation orders on them.

Edit I meant 45 feet not 45 meters earlier.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:54 am

We got oak in America. You're welcome.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:57 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:49 am
Trees grow back, y’all.
Get those chainsaws out.
Fair enough.
We'll plant 13,000 acorns and come back in 300 years.
In the meantime, an old church needs a roof lest all the goodness escapes.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:00 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:54 am
We got oak in America. You're welcome.
It's inferior timber though. Too loose grained so it isn't as strong as the tight grained slow-growing European oak.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:57 am
DBTrek wrote:
Trees grow back, y’all.
Get those chainsaws out.
Fair enough.
Planting acorns requires productive people. Clearly that eliminates you and most of Europe from being part of the solution.

If only cynical sarcasm and nihilism could rebuild great architectural wonders. Ah well. Easier to blather on the internet and act helpless.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:06 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Trees grow back, y’all.
Get those chainsaws out.
The only way you can get oak beams like that in America is from private farmers who's families planted those oaks several generations ago. If there is an oak like that out in the forest, no way they will let anybody cut that down.

They are out there, but that shit costs bank. About forty years ago there was a big movement to plant hardwood on private property as a kind of inheritance for future generations. You have to get private brokers who know how to track everything down and it's not easy.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:08 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:01 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:57 am
DBTrek wrote:
Trees grow back, y’all.
Get those chainsaws out.
Fair enough.
Planting acorns requires productive people. Clearly that eliminates you and most of Europe from being part of the solution.

If only cynical sarcasm and nihilism could rebuild great architectural wonders. Ah well. Easier to blather on the internet and act helpless.
We'll just do what we've always done when there's a hard work job for low wages needs doing, employ some Polish guys.