The Destroyer of All Western Values

Smitty-48

Re: The Destroyer of All Western Values

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:36 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

:hand:

Malingerers don't get to speak until they meet the standard. Meet the fucking standard.
You clearly don't understand what "standard" means, show me the standard in the Washington Treaty, where's the bill? Not seeing one. Nope, not in there.
Don't look for an out, Man up, do your Duty, show Integrity, be Loyal to Obligations, and pay up.
Cause you're looking a lot like a Welfare Queen.
We sent a battlegroup to Latvia, a frigate to STANAVFORNAT, tasked a squadron of CF-18's to NAP, not to mention an OMLT to train the Ukrainian Army, that's plenty for now, if we feel like sending anything more to Europe, we'll let you know. /shrugs
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 30, 2017 2:38 pm

The nastier The World gets, the more I like it.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Tue May 30, 2017 2:57 pm

C-Mag wrote:
I really like the second one, has Trump going all ISIS on Lady Liberty
Not gonna lie, the second one triggered me a bit. I still love Lady Liberty. She gets mad bonus points for not residing in D.C.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Calculus Man wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
I really like the second one, has Trump going all ISIS on Lady Liberty
Not gonna lie, the second one triggered me a bit. I still love Lady Liberty. She gets mad bonus points for not residing in D.C.
I like it because the folks making it don't get the irony.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
You clearly don't understand what "standard" means, show me the standard in the Washington Treaty, where's the bill? Not seeing one. Nope, not in there.
Don't look for an out, Man up, do your Duty, show Integrity, be Loyal to Obligations, and pay up.
We sent a battlegroup to Latvia, a frigate to STANAVFORNAT, tasked a squadron of CF-18's to NAP, not to mention an OMLT to train the Ukrainian Army, that's plenty for now, if we feel like sending anything more to Europe, we'll let you know. /shrugs

Oh, don't get me wrong. I appreciate everything my Northern Allies do. Maybe it's just a difference in cultures. Where I come from folks that don't pay their fair share are ridiculed. I understand that's a little harsh for some cultures, they would rather choose their own level of contributions to their bills, as if it was the way SJWs choose their gender. But it's cool man, were good. The US has grown accustomed to shouldering the security burdens of the Western World.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue May 30, 2017 3:41 pm

C-Mag wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I appreciate everything my Northern Allies do. Maybe it's just a difference in cultures. Where I come from folks that don't pay their fair share are ridiculed. I understand that's a little harsh for some cultures, they would rather choose their own level of contributions to their bills, as if it was the way SJWs choose their gender. But it's cool man, were good. The US has grown accustomed to shouldering the security burdens of the Western World.
You're actually just yanking his chain, right? You don't actually, seriously, really, honestly, believe that? Right?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue May 30, 2017 3:51 pm

BjornP wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

You're actually just yanking his chain, right? You don't actually, seriously, really, honestly, believe that? Right?
What's not to believe? Americans have been subsidising European defense for decades. Now Canada in particular is hardly the worst offender. They participate in international missions and don't put stupid caveats on that. The 2 % standard is for those little European welfare states that don't do shit.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:52 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

That's fine, but where I come from, you get ridiculed for being suckered into spending your hard earned tax dollars on defending foreign ingrates rather than spending that money on ourselves, which is why we don't do that, we got the hayseed-goobers of America to be the suckahs for that, not to be too harsh but, if they're butt hurt about being chumps, that's just too bad so sad, nobody is forcing them to be rubes, they're just like that naturally, probably due to inbreeding I'd say.

I mean, I'm paying all sorts of tax up in here, income, capital gains, business, property, sales, you name it, tell me again why I'm supposed to be spending that money in Europe?

Have you seen Europe? Pretty schwanky actually, they got all the feexins, hell, they got feexins we don't even got here, I don't feel the need to send them another fuckin' dime, if you do, well, that's just your problem, foo.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed May 31, 2017 7:12 am

This is just an idea, but what about a NATO sales tax? Every country besides the United States in NATO gets a 15% sales tax added onto goods and services bought in NATO territory. Except Canada. They get the 25% sales tax added on. Playtime is over.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:26 am

Yeah, the American solution for everything, take money from the rugged individualists, hand it over to the Military Industrial Complex and Wall Street, who knew?

Americans already pay the tax, it's called the dumbass tax.

Why don't ya'll just adopt Canada's policy; "the threat is breathlessly overhyped by Washington, if we're going to spend public money, the military should be way down the list of priorities, and the Europeans, can take of themselves..."

NATO? What's the big whoop? The Soviet Union is no more, the Warsaw Pact is no more, the Europeans outnumber the Russians 5 to 1, outspend the Russians 10 to 1, and they have nuclear weapons, what is it again, that the Europeans supposedly need from us?

We already sent our troops to fight for NATO, and what happened? The Americans took off to Iraq, the Europeans refused to fight, and we got stuck holding the bag, so, you know, fuck NATO.

What NATO countries spend on NATO don't amount to shit, it's a nonsensical fallacy, in our experience, the Americans will fight with us, the British will fight with us, and the Australians will fight with us, and that's about it, and the Australians aren't even in NATO. /shrugs
Nec Aspera Terrent