heydaralon

Re: Florida hate thread

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Calculus Man wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Calculus Man wrote:
Wait...a fellow Gator? Hell yeah.

You know Fife is a filthy Volunteer.
By the time I was there the program had taken a bit of a nosedive. My freshman year was Tebow's last season.
Heh, that's when I got there. My stepdad is old Florida though, so I grew up going to games.

What did you study?
History. I wanted to do law school first then I wanted to do ESL overseas. I decided against both those, and realized how barren the job market is so now I'm back in school. What did you major in?
Shikata ga nai

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Fri May 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Florida does suck, on the real. However, UF is pretty reasonable as campuses go.

Then again, as I say that, idk. I was in a STEM bubble, at least on campus. I did audit a women's studies class once because this chick with awesome tits said it would like, totally open my mind, or whatever. It was pretty awful, but I thought only the crazies did stuff like that.

I got what I wanted out of the ordeal, anyway.

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Fri May 26, 2017 3:56 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Calculus Man wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
By the time I was there the program had taken a bit of a nosedive. My freshman year was Tebow's last season.
Heh, that's when I got there. My stepdad is old Florida though, so I grew up going to games.

What did you study?
History. I wanted to do law school first then I wanted to do ESL overseas. I decided against both those, and realized how barren the job market is so now I'm back in school. What did you major in?
Materials Science and Engineering.

How close-knit was the history college? I had a few buddies who did history around the same time. It'd be interesting to see if you knew them.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 pm

Calculus Man wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Calculus Man wrote:

What did you study?
Materials Science and Engineering.

How close-knit was the history college? I had a few buddies who did history around the same time. It'd be interesting to see if you knew them.
I knew an Indian guy who did archiving for the History department. He interviewed lots and lots of veterans. He said the Vietnam veterans had the craziest stories. They also interviewed Iraq, and Afghanistan veterans too. You can send me a PM if you want.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Calculus Man wrote:Florida does suck, on the real. However, UF is pretty reasonable as campuses go.

Then again, as I say that, idk. I was in a STEM bubble, at least on campus. I did audit a women's studies class once because this chick with awesome tits said it would like, totally open my mind, or whatever. It was pretty awful, but I thought only the crazies did stuff like that.

They have a pretty cool campus imo. I liked that whole block around Lake Alice. I used to walk it at night and explore. Do you remember the alligators in the graham hall pond?
Shikata ga nai

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Fri May 26, 2017 4:07 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Calculus Man wrote:Florida does suck, on the real. However, UF is pretty reasonable as campuses go.

They have a pretty cool campus imo. I liked that whole block around Lake Alice. I used to walk it at night and explore. Do you remember the alligators in the graham hall pond?
:lol: Of course. Every now and then one would come up near the road to sun itself, and a crowd would gather to gawk. What was that road, Gale Lemerand?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Calculus Man wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

:lol: Of course. Every now and then one would come up near the road to sun itself, and a crowd would gather to gawk. What was that road, Gale Lemerand?
Yeah. That went right through the middle of campus.
Shikata ga nai

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri May 26, 2017 4:32 pm

You faggots talking bout some swampland filled with degenerates while the Ruskies are parachuting on the football field.

Check your privilege and grab all the Can food and RPGs you can!!
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 26, 2017 4:34 pm

kybkh wrote:You faggots talking bout some swampland filled with degenerates while the Ruskies are parachuting on the football field.

Don't bring your red dawn nonsense into my nostalgia thread. And I could do without the whitesplaining.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 26, 2017 5:00 pm

kybkh wrote:You faggots talking bout some swampland filled with degenerates while the Ruskies are parachuting on the football field.

Putin came through? Where's my spam can of 7.62? That faggot promised small arms.