FOX News is Next

Fife

Re: FOX News is Next

Post by Fife » Fri May 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Sick sick sick.

"God" has nothing to do with your sickness.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 26, 2017 8:46 pm

There is an abrahamic god behind the economics voodoo being practiced. Jbird was not wrong.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri May 26, 2017 8:47 pm

DBTrek wrote:Supreme court is a good battleground to win.

Gotta get back into education. Education is focused on the criticism of American systems and history. There needs to be an equal amount of attention paid to the praising of American systems and history. Slavery, yes - but also Emancipation and Civil Rights. Eradication of the native populace, yes - but also free market industrialization that pulled humanity out of serfdom and made modern life possible. If you want to teach the ills of capitalism, then teach the ills of communism, mercantilism, and feudalism as well so students get a side by side comparison. If you want to teach the struggles of minorities in America, then contrast that with the struggles of the same minorities outside of America so there is context to the criticism.

Teach the truth.

The media . . . well, as long as there's a relatively free internet conservatives can lose that one. Let the left grab to Paleolithic big media, but by Jove you've got to grab the YouTube/Instagram new media.

That would be where I'd start trying to win the long game.

I'm not sure why conservatives aren't trying to take back the universities, especially when it seems like more and more Americans are willing to listen to a conservative message. Why it's not a priority, and hasn't been for 50 years is bonkers. I suppose they're happy with focusing on capturing the economy. Conservatives are actually pretty lucky that the liberals are hell bent on making enemies when anyone that happens to have a different opinion, and that there are third parties picking up the slack. But it's primarily provocateurs made famous on the internet doing the leg work. If conservatives had a lick of sense at all they'd make a full scale assault on the universities.
Most kids are going to believe their professors unquestioningly. When I was 18 I remember believing everything word I was told. I think it takes a lot of courage for teenagers to go against the consensus, by say, attending some right wing speaker that comes to speak on their campus, and it demonstrates to me that there is some interest in fighting against the power structure. But that interest can't solely stem from an opposition to liberal hysterics. Internet provocateurs aren't going to take back the schools. There needs to be some real intellectual heavyweights to counter the left wing lunatics.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 26, 2017 8:53 pm

>make a full scale assault

Dude. We sent Laura Southern out there. We sent our queen and the Republicans shit on her.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 26, 2017 9:58 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
DBTrek wrote:Supreme court is a good battleground to win.

Gotta get back into education. Education is focused on the criticism of American systems and history. There needs to be an equal amount of attention paid to the praising of American systems and history. Slavery, yes - but also Emancipation and Civil Rights. Eradication of the native populace, yes - but also free market industrialization that pulled humanity out of serfdom and made modern life possible. If you want to teach the ills of capitalism, then teach the ills of communism, mercantilism, and feudalism as well so students get a side by side comparison. If you want to teach the struggles of minorities in America, then contrast that with the struggles of the same minorities outside of America so there is context to the criticism.

Teach the truth.

The media . . . well, as long as there's a relatively free internet conservatives can lose that one. Let the left grab to Paleolithic big media, but by Jove you've got to grab the YouTube/Instagram new media.

That would be where I'd start trying to win the long game.

I'm not sure why conservatives aren't trying to take back the universities, especially when it seems like more and more Americans are willing to listen to a conservative message. Why it's not a priority, and hasn't been for 50 years is bonkers. I suppose they're happy with focusing on capturing the economy. Conservatives are actually pretty lucky that the liberals are hell bent on making enemies when anyone that happens to have a different opinion, and that there are third parties picking up the slack. But it's primarily provocateurs made famous on the internet doing the leg work. If conservatives had a lick of sense at all they'd make a full scale assault on the universities.
Most kids are going to believe their professors unquestioningly. When I was 18 I remember believing everything word I was told. I think it takes a lot of courage for teenagers to go against the consensus, by say, attending some right wing speaker that comes to speak on their campus, and it demonstrates to me that there is some interest in fighting against the power structure. But that interest can't solely stem from an opposition to liberal hysterics. Internet provocateurs aren't going to take back the schools. There needs to be some real intellectual heavyweights to counter the left wing lunatics.
If there were any serious brainpower behind the Right in this country, we'd have seen it by now. It's just a collection of media cashing in on the shattered remnants of our manufacturing sector.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 26, 2017 10:04 pm

You'll need to point to an example of what you mean on The Left so I know what you're talking about. Competent Righties go into business, and Lefties go into education. That explains it.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri May 26, 2017 10:16 pm

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... -professor

https://www.facebook.com/blakub/videos/ ... 974211358/

We need more people to stand up to these cowards. The students that stood by his side had some balls. That is a hard thing for young people to do.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 26, 2017 10:29 pm

doc_loliday wrote:

I'm not sure why conservatives aren't trying to take back the universities, especially when it seems like more and more Americans are willing to listen to a conservative message.

You did see what happened at Berkeley Right ?

:?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:22 pm

I think what's getting lost is that the Democratic Party is not Liberal, and the Republican Party is not Conservative. They say they are, but really the stated ideologies are merely camouflage for the con game with us as the suckers. The sad part is that the are still politicians, activists, Americans who are honest and truly want to enact liberal or conservative policies but they become enmeshed in the con game.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:

I'm not sure why conservatives aren't trying to take back the universities, especially when it seems like more and more Americans are willing to listen to a conservative message.

You did see what happened at Berkeley Right ?

:?
Times have indeed changed from fifty years ago. Back then there were massive protests for free speech by liberals. Now, these "liberals" are going against free speech.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.