FOX News is Next

C-Mag

Re: FOX News is Next

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 26, 2017 8:30 am

DBTrek wrote:Sure.
Everyone has started utilizing the internet.
I would ask you what platform conservatives control?
I would submit Twitter, FaceBook, Reddit, and Tumblr as platforms liberals control.
Only Talk Radio.
However, they have been pretty effective on the internet as well. Guys like Crowder. Conservatives tend to be not as vocal anyway, so it's a little hard to say.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri May 26, 2017 8:32 am

DBTrek wrote: I would submit Twitter, FaceBook, Reddit, and Tumblr as platforms liberals control.
Without a doubt. The twitter censorship is incredibly lopsided so as to constitute thought police at this point.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 26, 2017 8:43 am

I would submit Twitter, FaceBook, Reddit, and Tumblr as platforms liberals control.
Conservatives have radio, forums & some YouTube because those are long-winded delivery vehicles. Conservatives can't make a point without George Will-style monologues.
Other Social Media outlets are sloganeered, mostly vacuous cheerleading, with no real intellectual content. My stuff: PRay TeLL, Ask a Liberalist, YouTube videos, etc., are a cross-over: profound yet succinct.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri May 26, 2017 8:46 am

Despite efforts to the contrary, Youtube remains strongly "Alt" media, and the less "social" internet sites are pervasive enough that Pepe actually became enough of a thing for the Clinton campaign to address it. Even FaceBook hasn't killed anti-establishment dissent. Viewer funded web news sources are only increasing and they ain't exactly toeing the cable and network news line. Still, though Fox seems to be going the way of the rest of the dinosaurs, those independent of corporate concerns are taking up the slack. Folk really are cutting the cable.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 26, 2017 8:47 am

C-Mag wrote:
Only Talk Radio.
However, they have been pretty effective on the internet as well. Guys like Crowder. Conservatives tend to be not as vocal anyway, so it's a little hard to say.
Meh, we're just reaching a new balance,IMO. The old definition of 'conservative' is dying out, as the entire spectrum shifts a bit to the left. We're still the most right-wing civilized nation, just not full-on hillbilly culture vs hippies any more.

The Trump election was a final death spasm for the Trailer Parliament. They blew their load all over the place, and now realize how stupid it was to get swept up for nothing. The pain of watching him shit all over the Constitution, and trying to institute a new monarchy will subdue them for good. At some point, you have to acknowledge that you made a mistake and re-adjust. That's happening on a cultural level here.

There will always be holdouts in dem hills, insisting that the flat world is only 6,000 years old, but it will be relegated to their churches, where it belongs. The rest of the nation needs to be free of this nonsense, in order to keep up with change.

The left is reaching a similar crescendo, as the SJW bullshit is starting to implode. It may take a few more years, but it will be recognized as facile pandering, eventually.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 26, 2017 8:51 am

GCF talks a lot of trash, but he's a conservative in the making.

The closer his paycheck gets to six digits, the more shit he takes for being a white male, the more vitriol spilled on him for having a family and family values, the more right he'll be moving.
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 26, 2017 8:51 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Only Talk Radio.
Meh, we're just reaching a new balance,IMO. The old definition of 'conservative' is dying out, as the entire spectrum shifts a bit to the left. We're still the most right-wing civilized nation, just not full-on hillbilly culture vs hippies any more.

The Trump election was a final death spasm for the Trailer Parliament. They blew their load all over the place, and now realize how stupid it was to get swept up for nothing. The pain of watching him shit all over the Constitution, and trying to institute a new monarchy will subdue them for good. At some point, you have to acknowledge that you made a mistake and re-adjust. That's happening on a cultural level here.

There will always be holdouts in dem hills, insisting that the flat world is only 6,000 years old, but it will be relegated to their churches, where it belongs. The rest of the nation needs to be free of this nonsense, in order to keep up with change.

The left is reaching a similar crescendo, as the SJW bullshit is starting to implode. It may take a few more years, but it will be recognized as facile pandering, eventually.

I think 2016 will drive both parties even farther to the edges personally.
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 26, 2017 8:52 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:The Trump election was a final death spasm for the Trailer Parliament.
And your proof of that is the fact that Republicans have won every Special Election since Trump?

You talk just like all the Lefty folks who have no clue. (But you do have the balls to debate in a forum: Social Media Lefties don't.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 26, 2017 8:57 am

Martin Hash wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:The Trump election was a final death spasm for the Trailer Parliament.
And your proof of that is the fact that Republicans have won every Special Election since Trump?

You talk just like all the Lefty folks who have no clue. (But you do have the balls to debate in a forum: Social Media Lefties don't.)
I'm not whatever-that-is :lol:

I'm genuinely a moderate. My main focus is on combating Stupid, and I've seen PLENTY of it in the past few years of American Politics.

I might be a few months ahead of the curve, but yeah. A few 'special' elections make no difference. The longer term trend is clear to me.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 26, 2017 8:58 am

heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Only Talk Radio.

I think 2016 will drive both parties even farther to the edges personally.
It's possible that we have yet to crest the final heights of retardation in this wave pool, but I really hope you're wrong. I can't imagine how it gets much dumber than this without playing into some StA scenarios of urban race war.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace