Montana House Candidate Greg Gianforte Just Body-slammed a Reporter

jbird4049

Re: Montana House Candidate Greg Gianforte Just Body-slammed a Reporter

Post by jbird4049 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:27 pm

clubgop wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote: No influence from the group that is doing the subsidizing? Are you serious? But, but.....there's a CONDITION!
TheReal_ND wrote:Image
Actually, that does work in some countries particularly in Europe. Anyways it's not a straight up funding, but instead a partial substitute for the disappearing advertising revenue. The reason American news journalism has gotten so bad (besides the MBAs taking over) is the lack of revenue as it is almost impossible to charge enough to cover costs. 20 years ago newspaper would charge 50 cents but make something like over a dollar in ad revenue. I'm guessing it would take over 3 dollars per paper now without ads.

The Europeans have stopped that, but I don't know how well. Maybe if Bjorn, or Montegriff could comment?

Anyways the reason Public Broadcasting has gotten so snooty, and elitist, is because they don't receive government funding or if they do it's next to nothing. Only people with actual money will donate and their interests count.
Would the both of you stop? Stop lying to us, stop lying to yourselves, just stop. Journalism and the news media has gotten so bad because it was never that good and has been exposed. All this crap about making it serious and dour and unappealing to a mass audience is a vain attempt to put the toothpaste back in the tube. They are liars, they are democrats with bylines, biased assholes that lie to our faces everyday when they say they are nonpartisan. Democracy is better off knowing the truth instead of you using tax money to try to paper over this facade.
I hate to tell you this, but journalism was much, much better just 20 years ago. Not perfect, not great, just better. The near monopolistic concentration of ownership, the pursuit of the Money Gods and the divide into glitzy, showy, ethics free partisanship left and right "news" carnivals with fake facts as tools of the barkers, and the lure of us fool rubes.

I'll settle for dour serious attempts at news be it from the right, the left, or the center, so long as it is honest, and not lies as now.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed May 31, 2017 12:49 pm

No because the government controls content. They would probably try to license alternative media to death. Terrible idea. It's like chopping your nose off to spite your face. Just don't watch it if you don't like the content fuck. Fuckers want to run to big brother everytime they get a diaper rash I swear

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed May 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Xenophon wrote:Currently sitting in the hospital waiting on baby #2, and you people are making me laugh hysterically with this covfefe stuff.
Hey, after changing diapers for over a year, you should be back to the mud slinging that we and congress do on a daily basis.
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed May 31, 2017 4:24 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Xenophon wrote:Currently sitting in the hospital waiting on baby #2, and you people are making me laugh hysterically with this covfefe stuff.
Hey, after changing diapers for over a year, you should be back to the mud slinging that we and congress do on a daily basis.
I've changed my fair share of diapers. My daughter is almost three.

Still no baby. They're trying to induce. Their vitals are fine though.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed May 31, 2017 4:30 pm

They induced my boy like they had it scheduled out and everything went to plan. When I was born I was being a shit head and it took 27 hours heh

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed May 31, 2017 5:09 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Actually, that does work in some countries particularly in Europe. Anyways it's not a straight up funding, but instead a partial substitute for the disappearing advertising revenue. The reason American news journalism has gotten so bad (besides the MBAs taking over) is the lack of revenue as it is almost impossible to charge enough to cover costs. 20 years ago newspaper would charge 50 cents but make something like over a dollar in ad revenue. I'm guessing it would take over 3 dollars per paper now without ads.

The Europeans have stopped that, but I don't know how well. Maybe if Bjorn, or Montegriff could comment?

Anyways the reason Public Broadcasting has gotten so snooty, and elitist, is because they don't receive government funding or if they do it's next to nothing. Only people with actual money will donate and their interests count.
Would the both of you stop? Stop lying to us, stop lying to yourselves, just stop. Journalism and the news media has gotten so bad because it was never that good and has been exposed. All this crap about making it serious and dour and unappealing to a mass audience is a vain attempt to put the toothpaste back in the tube. They are liars, they are democrats with bylines, biased assholes that lie to our faces everyday when they say they are nonpartisan. Democracy is better off knowing the truth instead of you using tax money to try to paper over this facade.
I hate to tell you this, but journalism was much, much better just 20 years ago. Not perfect, not great, just better. The near monopolistic concentration of ownership, the pursuit of the Money Gods and the divide into glitzy, showy, ethics free partisanship left and right "news" carnivals with fake facts as tools of the barkers, and the lure of us fool rubes.

I'll settle for dour serious attempts at news be it from the right, the left, or the center, so long as it is honest, and not lies as now.
No, it was all a facade, Cronkite was the biggest partisan hack imaginable. They just hid it and masked it used their monopolistic power to control it. It was all a facade and it is gone now. You had the wool pulled over our eyes and the veil was lifted, sorry bro, we ain't going back. Red pill baby, get some.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed May 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Why the fuck did they raise Kronkite from the grave to bring him out again? He's on the radio making shitty adverts where he just raps about the good old days and knocks millenials while scolding Trump in a backhanded way. Is he all the boomers have left now that they ran off Oriley and are working on Hannity?

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Wed May 31, 2017 5:23 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:No because the government controls content. They would probably try to license alternative media to death. Terrible idea. It's like chopping your nose off to spite your face. Just don't watch it if you don't like the content fuck. Fuckers want to run to big brother everytime they get a diaper rash I swear
+1
You fuckers already have NPR and PBS but liberals like GCF just can't tolerate competition.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:07 pm

clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:No because the government controls content. They would probably try to license alternative media to death. Terrible idea. It's like chopping your nose off to spite your face. Just don't watch it if you don't like the content fuck. Fuckers want to run to big brother everytime they get a diaper rash I swear
+1
You fuckers already have NPR and PBS but liberals like GCF just can't tolerate competition.
No go, there were many more newspapers, radio stations, most independently owned and independent television stations. What we have today is just a thin watery tissue compared to what was. And NPR and PBS are rich peoples tv and radio, and not what they were in the 60s to 1980s or even 1990s
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed May 31, 2017 6:15 pm

Delusional. You had like five TV stations, five nationally syndicated papers, five magazines and a paper for each town. There are thousands of ways to get news now and you want to shut it down for some fucking reason. I mean hell the MSM is tailor made for you fucking leftists.