An “institutional lack of candor”

de officiis

An “institutional lack of candor”

Post by de officiis » Tue May 23, 2017 6:15 pm

Obama intel agency secretly conducted illegal searches on Americans for years
The {NSA} routinely violated American privacy protections while scouring through overseas intercepts and failed to disclose the extent of the problems until the final days before Donald Trump was elected president last fall, according to once top-secret documents that chronicle some of the most serious constitutional abuses to date by the U.S. intelligence community.

More than 5 percent, or one out of every 20 searches seeking upstream Internet data on Americans inside the NSA’s so-called Section 702 database violated the safeguards Obama and his intelligence chiefs vowed to follow in 2011, according to one classified internal report reviewed by Circa.

The Obama administration self-disclosed the problems at a closed-door hearing Oct. 26 before the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court that set off alarm. Trump was elected less than two weeks later.

The normally supportive court excoriated administration officials, saying the failure to disclose the extent of the violations earlier amounted to a “institutional lack of candor” and that the improper searches constituted a “very serious Fourth Amendment issue,” according to a recently unsealed court document dated April 26, 2017.

TheReal_ND

Re: An “institutional lack of candor”

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue May 23, 2017 6:44 pm

More than 5 percent, or one out of every 20 searches seeking upstream Internet data on Americans inside the NSA’s so-called Section 702 database violated the safeguards Obama and his intelligence chiefs vowed to follow in 2011, according to one classified internal report reviewed by Circa.
2011... I think I'm good

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 23, 2017 6:55 pm

Help me, Justice Gorsuch, you're my only hope.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Fife wrote:Help me, Justice Gorsuch, you're my only hope.

:lol:
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty