The End of the Barnum & Bailey Circus

jbird4049

Re: The End of the Barnum & Bailey Circus

Post by jbird4049 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:43 pm

heydaralon wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
How is that any different from a group of hunters in the United States or Canada getting together for deer season? Is that organized crime or poaching? Oh wait, I forgot, the skin color difference. Nice dog whistling there.

Fabulous goalposts moving, specious reasoning, and ignoring facts. That's USDA prime grade BS.

Let's see,

Mass slaughtered of elephants, which has already almost led to extinction.

Deaths of many other animals including some endangered species.

Endangering ecosystem which depends on elephants.
Invasion of protected parks/sanctuaries.

Assaults, injuries, and deaths of rangers, herders, farmers, ranchers, workers at tourist facilities and once or twice tourists.

Destruction or threat of the livelihood of everyone above.

Violations of the wishes of the African governments and their laws and of the actual Africans who live near the parks. (Most of the gangs are not composed of locals).

And I guess that's just like killing some unendangered deer during hunting season and makes me racist.
As far as ways to die goes, poisoning is quite humane.The only difference between poisoning on the African Savannah and gassing by the Humane Society is that the elephants get to die outdoors peacefully, surrounded by their herd, as opposed to terrified and confused cats and dogs who are cruelly gassed alone in a claustrophobic cage. Considering that many of these Africans have lost loved ones to Elephant attacks, it is quite moving that they are able to show so much restraint by mercifully poisoning the Elephants, and not killing them with the same barbarity that Elephants have unleashed on their loved ones.
Yep, concern trolling.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu May 25, 2017 8:46 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:

Fabulous goalposts moving, specious reasoning, and ignoring facts. That's USDA prime grade BS.

Let's see,

Mass slaughtered of elephants, which has already almost led to extinction.

Deaths of many other animals including some endangered species.

Endangering ecosystem which depends on elephants.
Invasion of protected parks/sanctuaries.

Assaults, injuries, and deaths of rangers, herders, farmers, ranchers, workers at tourist facilities and once or twice tourists.

Destruction or threat of the livelihood of everyone above.

Violations of the wishes of the African governments and their laws and of the actual Africans who live near the parks. (Most of the gangs are not composed of locals).

And I guess that's just like killing some unendangered deer during hunting season and makes me racist.
As far as ways to die goes, poisoning is quite humane.The only difference between poisoning on the African Savannah and gassing by the Humane Society is that the elephants get to die outdoors peacefully, surrounded by their herd, as opposed to terrified and confused cats and dogs who are cruelly gassed alone in a claustrophobic cage. Considering that many of these Africans have lost loved ones to Elephant attacks, it is quite moving that they are able to show so much restraint by mercifully poisoning the Elephants, and not killing them with the same barbarity that Elephants have unleashed on their loved ones.
Yep, concern trolling.
Nice response. Do you have an actual argument or are you going to hurl around pointless insults?
Shikata ga nai

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:20 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Nice response. Do you have an actual argument or are you going to hurl around pointless insults?
:roll:

Saying the truth is not insulting, and if you would respond by not moving the goal posts, using red herrings, and non sequiturs, and responding to what is actually posted, I would not be so contemptuous.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Heh. Nice straw man there kiddo. The fact is, you just hate people and value animals higher than starving Africans. See if we can import African elephants they would do both our societies a lot of good. The elephant will be happier with his new job and increased standard of living while the African peoples will no longer have to worry about getting trucked by an elephant or having to spend the money that is necessary protecting elephants. They would really be happier here on our farms and in our circuses.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:34 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Heh. Nice straw man there kiddo. The fact is, you just hate people and value animals higher than starving Africans. See if we can import African elephants they would do both our societies a lot of good. The elephant will be happier with his new job and increased standard of living while the African peoples will no longer have to worry about getting trucked by an elephant or having to spend the money that is necessary protecting elephants. They would really be happier here on our farms and in our circuses.
Repeating what he has said, and ignoring all my previous responses to his responses, just repeats the trolling.

And claiming that removing 400,000 members of a keystone species that way 7 1/2 tons, and which would devastate both the local economies and the local ecology is both good and possible is...well I'm not sure what the right word(s).

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Why don't you go back four pages and actually read what I said? Typical straw manning every time you loose an argument.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Kath wrote:
I dunno; I once got enormous satisfaction when running over a nest of fire ants with a gator. Fire ants are instinctual only creatures. I wonder about my hypocrisy, though. There are definitely grey areas.
Well everything has it's place and use in the world even insects. I'm not above killing mosquitoes on sight or flies and wasps if they piss me off enough but they all have a reason to be here and we'd be fucked without them.....

How is it we would be fucked without the noble mosquito again?

Six Pregnant Texas Women Test Positive for Zika

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Population control?
I dunno, ask your God. He put them here for a reason didn't he?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Population control?
I dunno, ask your God. He put them here for a reason didn't he?
You're being sanctimonious, Montez. And more than a bit presumptuous.

Why don't you ask *your* God?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Exterminate all of them.