Its Time To Make An Example Out Of Leakers

kybkh

Its Time To Make An Example Out Of Leakers

Post by kybkh » Fri May 19, 2017 12:42 pm

How do the notes of a meeting with the Russian Ambassador make its way to the NYT?

President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/p ... comey.html

This is unbelievable. The media presenting this conversation as anything other than locker room talk with a foreign ambassador is nuts. Who gives a fuck what he said about Comey to Russia behind closed doors?? I bet he said the same thing to the Colombian president also.

He is being totally sabotaged by people inside the WH and I am sure at the same time he is being told by advisers is not to overreact or risk looking guilty of something.

If he doesn't start dropping bodies from helicopters he'll get what he deserves.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Dand

Re: Its Time To Make An Example Out Of Leakers

Post by Dand » Fri May 19, 2017 12:47 pm

Truth.

Just lock somebody up, ffs. Trump is impotent.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri May 19, 2017 12:48 pm

kybkh wrote:
This is unbelievable. The media presenting this conversation as anything other than locker room talk with a foreign ambassador is nuts.
We were assured during the campaign that Trump knew the difference between how to talk to an entertainment reporter and a world leader.

Locker room talk? World leaders engage in locker room talk about controversial topics? Perhaps President Trump should refrain from locker room talk until he figures out who is doing the leaking, eh? WH is not denying the story.
“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”
So what you call locker room talk is called highly classified conversation. Really? How can it be both at the same time?
Account abandoned.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri May 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Kath wrote:
kybkh wrote:
This is unbelievable. The media presenting this conversation as anything other than locker room talk with a foreign ambassador is nuts.
We were assured during the campaign that Trump knew the difference between how to talk to an entertainment reporter and a world leader.

Locker room talk? World leaders engage in locker room talk about controversial topics? Perhaps President Trump should refrain from locker room talk until he figures out who is doing the leaking, eh? WH is not denying the story.
“By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia’s actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia,” Mr. Spicer said. “The investigation would have always continued, and obviously, the termination of Comey would not have ended it. Once again, the real story is that our national security has been undermined by the leaking of private and highly classified conversations.”
So what you call locker room talk is called highly classified conversation. Really? How can it be both at the same time?
So you think Trump should be like, "Comey was a great guy I just fired him because of what he did to Hillary" while trying to build a relationship with an entity you believe to be totally anti-HRC?

When I am talking to someone in a professional setting, someone I am trying to curry favor with, I am going to use the language I feel will best further that relationship, truth or not.

So, if I just fired a sales rep who my customer has been doing business with because he called me a cuck at a company outing in front of the whole company, I am not going to say "hey, the guy called me a cuck so I fired him.". I am going to say "The guy was a nut and I had to let him go and our relationship will not suffer because of it.".

Be reasonable. A conversation does not make policy.
Last edited by kybkh on Fri May 19, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri May 19, 2017 1:00 pm

BOTTOM LINE:

NOTHING HE DID/SAID IN THAT MEETING IS ILLEGAL.

What makes it relevant? You don't think a president has spoke badly about a political adversary to a foreign official before?

Do you believe when Bill Clinton was asked about Ken Star by a foreign minister during negotiations he called the guy worse than crazy?

Grow up.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 pm

kybkh wrote:
So you think Trump should be like, "Comey was a great guy I just fired him because of what he did to Hillary" while trying to build a relationship with an entity you believe to be totally anti-HRC?
More like, "I'm not going to comment any further on this internal matter."

Using your best WAG, explain how Trump's opinion of Comey's mental health is at all relevant to our relationship with Russia.
Account abandoned.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri May 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Kath wrote:
kybkh wrote:
More like, "I'm not going to comment any further on this internal matter."

Using your best WAG, explain how Trump's opinion of Comey's mental health is at all relevant to our relationship with Russia.
So, I am Russia and I keep hearing my name mentioned as Enemy #1 of the USA. I don't want to be enemy #1. It scares me quite frankly to be enemy #1. So, as Russia, I am like hey POTUS WTF? We gonna duke it out or what? Your media is making me nervous and Vlad's gotta itchy trigger finger.

What do you say to me to put me at ease Kath?

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri May 19, 2017 1:11 pm

I suppose it's possible that when world leaders get together they are all yucking it up like high school sophomores.

I don't like this president's style and there's not been much of anything in the way of substance. You disagree. So let's just agree to disagree on this.
Account abandoned.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri May 19, 2017 1:22 pm

I played along, now play your part, what would you prefer the guy say?

Can you at least acknowledge the danger of having a POTUS being backed into the corner and not being able to do what the electorate elected him to do (which was ease tensions with Russia and put America 1st) by leaks within an intelligence community who has a track record of that of the CIA?

Remember this??

John Brennan admits CIA improperly hacked into Senate computers

The CIA admitted to senators this week that the agency improperly snooped through congressional computers, backtracking from agency Director John O. Brennan’s vehement denials earlier this year and further denting the embattled intelligence community’s credibility with Congress.

An internal CIA audit found that its personnel did search a Senate computer system seeking an embarrassing document that the agency believed had been stolen, but which senators said the CIA had turned over to Congress.

At the time, Mr. Brennan called the accusations “spurious” and “beyond the scope of reason in terms of what we would do.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... uters-sea/

These same people fucking hacked in to US Senators computers and you want to take their side in this fight? Unbelievable...
Last edited by kybkh on Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Kath wrote:I suppose it's possible that when world leaders get together they are all yucking it up like high school sophomores.

I don't like this president's style and there's not been much of anything in the way of substance. You disagree. So let's just agree to disagree on this.
I think you would be surprised what kind of conversations go on.