Cool Clock Kid BTFO

de officiis

Re: Cool Clock Kid BTFO

Post by de officiis » Sun May 21, 2017 3:21 am

jbird4049 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Read the background dude. It was the most pandering bullshit I've ever seen. I liked the part where he wore a NASA shirt to the white house too. His family's plan was to build something that looked like a bomb, bring it to school, get a reaction, and then scream Islamophobia. This is all well documented and would take less than 2 minutes of googling.
I get that, and I have no real problems with the dismissal, but a bomb scare, arrest, suspension/expulsion, followed by a national news freak out and a visit to the White House, then a lawsuit?

For a clock, that looks like one I use to have? What prevented the teacher from going whatever, flunking the kid if it was a kind of plagiarizing? And if the parents sued, that's what the school's lawyers are for. It's a nothing item. All hype and hot air.

Edit: if the boy said it was a bomb to the teacher, then a suspension and a very stern lecture. Find. There would be a reason for a blurb in the local paper.
Actually, IRL schools will go to great lengths to avoid lawsuits & legal fees. It's one of the main reasons they have those idiotic zero tolerance policies.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:17 am

de officiis wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Read the background dude. It was the most pandering bullshit I've ever seen. I liked the part where he wore a NASA shirt to the white house too. His family's plan was to build something that looked like a bomb, bring it to school, get a reaction, and then scream Islamophobia. This is all well documented and would take less than 2 minutes of googling.
I get that, and I have no real problems with the dismissal, but a bomb scare, arrest, suspension/expulsion, followed by a national news freak out and a visit to the White House, then a lawsuit?

For a clock, that looks like one I use to have? What prevented the teacher from going whatever, flunking the kid if it was a kind of plagiarizing? And if the parents sued, that's what the school's lawyers are for. It's a nothing item. All hype and hot air.

Edit: if the boy said it was a bomb to the teacher, then a suspension and a very stern lecture. Find. There would be a reason for a blurb in the local paper.
Actually, IRL schools will go to great lengths to avoid lawsuits & legal fees. It's one of the main reasons they have those idiotic zero tolerance policies.
So it is screw the children, just don't get sued? That's nice.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 21, 2017 11:19 am

Hey guys, check out my volcano experiment I made with m80s, clorox bleach and windex.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun May 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Not a "childish toy."

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 21, 2017 12:34 pm

But I simulated real lava with powdered laundry detergent and gasoline.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sun May 21, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun May 21, 2017 12:40 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
de officiis wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:

School children aren't Democrat fundraisers. But the unions are. You don't want the system sued amd interrupted. Don't pretend to care about the kids, now.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:03 pm

clubgop wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
de officiis wrote:
School children aren't Democrat fundraisers. But the unions are. You don't want the system sued amd interrupted. Don't pretend to care about the kids, now.
Perhaps it is the bureaucracy, not the teachers doing the ass covering. Most teachers, in my experience want to do good by their students. The bureaucrats, especially the well paid higher-ups, are more about protecting their rice bowl.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun May 21, 2017 1:17 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
Perhaps it is the bureaucracy, not the teachers doing the ass covering. Most teachers, in my experience want to do good by their students. The bureaucrats, especially the well paid higher-ups, are more about protecting their rice bowl.
And where does that bureacracy come from? You bitches pitched a fucking fit when Besty Ross wasn't a career educator, now you make a distinction? Bullshit. The average Union President makes more than the average CEO. Fix your own shit before coming to me with your lies.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun May 21, 2017 1:18 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
So you are OK with dismantling all the public employee unions?

COOL

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun May 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Fife wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
So you are OK with dismantling all the public employee unions?

COOL
Scott Walker should establish residency in every state run for Governor of all of them. The priapism would be real.