Bundy's making news again.

C-Mag

Re: Bundy's making news again.

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:56 pm

Have not heard prejudice being used, but I don't think the Feds have a case when all the evidence is on the table.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:59 pm

The Feds can still take it all the way just to spite them, if a mistrial with prejudice, then it's over, the felony charges are nullified, but if not, the prosecution will drag them back into court.
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:04 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The Feds can still take it all the way just to spite them, if a mistrial with prejudice, then it's over, the felony charges are nullified, but if not, the prosecution will drag them back into court.

Yeah, the Federalis can, but I have a feeling there won't be the will to do it with Zinke at the helm of the Interior, especially since BLM Agents were fired for misconduct related to evidence in this case. Plus public opinion in the area is now solidly behind the Bundy's.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:14 pm

As such, their case ended in a mistrial Dec. 20 after U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro ruled that the prosecutors violated the defendants’ civil rights after withholding evidence that would have supported their case.
Now, Navarro is considering tossing the case out altogether “with prejudice,” a ruling which would block prosecutors from retrying the case. A decision is expected Jan. 8, The New York Times reported.
Two earlier trials against other defendants ended in hung juries, the Times noted further.
Among the exculpatory evidence the prosecution failed to turn over was a video taken from within the Bundy range during the standoff by a federal informant, evidence that the FBI had agents involved in the standoff, and a threat assessment of the Bundys that the government drafted.
“There were approximately 3,000 pages that were provided to us only after we started trial,” Bret D. Whipple, one of Cliven Bundy’s lawyers, told the Times. “I personally have never seen anything like this, especially in a case of such importance.”
https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-12-31- ... trial.html
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:40 am

Prosecutor of Bundy Case Demoted
On Wednesday, it was made official by the Department of Justice that Bundy Ranch standoff prosecutor Steven Myhre was demoted to his previous position as First Assistant US attorney.
That’s right, he was demoted for his violations of the law, not led away in handcuffs.
Taking his place will be Dayle Elieson, a Texas federal prosecutor.
Last year, Sessions heaped praise on Steven Myhre and his prosecution of the Bundy Ranch defendants.
I'm with the article, why don't we prosecute these government employees that willy nilly break the law
http://thewashingtonstandard.com/bundy- ... od-enough/
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:41 am

C-Mag wrote:Prosecutor of Bundy Case Demoted
On Wednesday, it was made official by the Department of Justice that Bundy Ranch standoff prosecutor Steven Myhre was demoted to his previous position as First Assistant US attorney.
That’s right, he was demoted for his violations of the law, not led away in handcuffs.
Taking his place will be Dayle Elieson, a Texas federal prosecutor.
Last year, Sessions heaped praise on Steven Myhre and his prosecution of the Bundy Ranch defendants.
I'm with the article, why don't we prosecute these government employees that willy nilly break the law
http://thewashingtonstandard.com/bundy- ... od-enough/
Because they're government employees. The law doesn't apply, pleb.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:47 pm

James Bovard:

Cliven Bundy-FBI debacle: Another example of why the feds need to be leashed
A whistleblowing memo by BLM chief investigator Larry Wooten charges that BLM chose "the most intrusive, oppressive, large scale and militaristic trespass cattle (seizure) possible'' against Bundy. He also cited a "widespread pattern of bad judgment, lack of discipline, incredible bias, unprofessionalism and misconduct, as well as likely policy, ethical and legal violations" by BLM officials in the case. BLM agents even "bragged about roughing up Dave Bundy, grinding his face into the ground and Dave Bundy having little bits of gravel stuck in his face'' while he was videotaping federal agents. Wooten also stated that anti-Mormon prejudice pervaded BLM's crackdown.

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 pm

I'm surprised he wasn't promoted. Weird, that.
Account abandoned.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Kath wrote:
I'm surprised he wasn't promoted. Weird, that.
I'd put my money on that being Zinke's influence. He's not your normal Secretary of anything
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Zinke
It's something, I'd rather see the Prosecutor doing the Perp Walk though

Also fired Dan Love, who was the BLM Agent in charge of all the Bundy shit.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:44 pm

Fife wrote:James Bovard:

Cliven Bundy-FBI debacle: Another example of why the feds need to be leashed
A whistleblowing memo by BLM chief investigator Larry Wooten charges that BLM chose "the most intrusive, oppressive, large scale and militaristic trespass cattle (seizure) possible'' against Bundy. He also cited a "widespread pattern of bad judgment, lack of discipline, incredible bias, unprofessionalism and misconduct, as well as likely policy, ethical and legal violations" by BLM officials in the case. BLM agents even "bragged about roughing up Dave Bundy, grinding his face into the ground and Dave Bundy having little bits of gravel stuck in his face'' while he was videotaping federal agents. Wooten also stated that anti-Mormon prejudice pervaded BLM's crackdown.

I don't think this really changes unless we start putting these public officials in jail.
PLATA O PLOMO