Sex Crime Case against Assange dropped by Swedish prosecutors.

Hastur

Sex Crime Case against Assange dropped by Swedish prosecutors.

Post by Hastur » Fri May 19, 2017 2:23 am

The preliminary investigation has been closed. This is just in so I will try to get back with source in English.

Meanwhile:
https://translate.google.se/translate?s ... t=&act=url

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Re: Sex Crime Case against Assange dropped by Swedish prosecutors.

Post by Hastur » Fri May 19, 2017 2:33 am

That's quick. Now it's all over the nets already. This one is good:
https://www.thelocal.se/20170519/breaki ... estigation
Swedish prosecutors have decided to end the rape investigation into Julian Assange and lift the Europe-wide arrest warrant against him in the seven-year-old case.
In a statement on its website, the Swedish prosecution authority said that the "Director of Public Prosecution, Ms Marianne Ny, has today decided to discontinue the investigation regarding suspected rape (lesser degree) by Julian Assange".

"With the consideration that all options of moving the investigation forward are now exhausted it appears that – in light of the views expressed by the Supreme Court (Högsta domstolen) on the proportionality of remanding someone in absentia – it is no longer proportional to maintain the decision to remand Julian Assange in his absence and maintain the European arrest warrant," Ny wrote in her notification to Stockholm District Court.

"I have therefore today lifted the decision to remand Julian Assange in his absence," she added.

Assange tweeted an image from his official Twitter account after the decision was announced:

<---- snip ----->

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri May 19, 2017 2:35 am

Wow.
I wonder what his plans are now.
:banana-fingers:

EDIT: I guess he's still stuck there. Nice new grilling point for Trump--let him go? Drop charges? Prosecute? Another no-winner for Trump.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri May 19, 2017 2:48 am

Yeah,

Now the Americans don't need anymore the sex crime issue.

Trump's man in the CIA, telling that Wikileaks is a hostile intelligence service.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 19, 2017 7:18 am

Trap.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri May 19, 2017 7:31 am

Yup. He ain't leaving that embassy yet.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... estigation
The Metropolitan police in London said Assange would also face immediate arrest for breaching his bail conditions; a warrant was issued when he failed to attend a magistrates court after entering the embassy.

“The Metropolitan police service is obliged to execute that warrant should he leave the embassy,” the statement said.

It added: “Whilst Mr Assange was wanted on a European arrest warrant (EAW) for an extremely serious offence, the MPS response reflected the serious nature of that crime. Now that the situation has changed and the Swedish authorities have discontinued their investigation into that matter, Mr Assange remains wanted for a much less serious offence. The MPS will provide a level of resourcing which is proportionate to that offence.”

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 19, 2017 8:50 am

Greenwald:

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/19/swe ... -jeopardy/
The termination of the Swedish investigation is, in one sense, good news for Assange. But it is unlikely to change his inability to leave the embassy any time soon. If anything, given the apparent determination of the Trump administration to put him in a U.S. prison cell for the “crime” of publishing documents, his freedom appears further away than it has since 2010, when the Swedish case began.

I'd like to read Justice Gorsuch's majority opinion telling Sessions to go pound sand.

I'd REALLY like to read that.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 19, 2017 9:24 am

The sex crime charge was completely bogus. Don't remember the details but it sounded shady as fuck and one of those kinds of things that's easily manufactured.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 am

TheReal_ND wrote:The sex crime charge was completely bogus. Don't remember the details but it sounded shady as fuck and one of those kinds of things that's easily manufactured.
No they were pretty reliable. Nothing major though. He would've gotten away with molestation and a fine if it went to trial. One case of removing the condom during sex and one case of surprise morning after sex while asleep.
Both of them stary eyed fan girls that let him stay with them during his lecture tour.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri May 19, 2017 9:46 am

:shifty:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "