When did the world become pussified?

Kill the King

When did the world become pussified?

Post by Kill the King » Wed May 17, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm new here so give me all the grief you have but I remember growing up and having fucking rock fights with kids. If someone got hurt they sucked it up and moved on. In high school no one ever complained about being offended. When the fuck did a pussy apocalypse happen? I'm tired of this bullshit!

TheReal_ND

Re: When did the world become pussified?

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed May 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Somewhere between when I was a kid and now.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 17, 2017 2:32 pm

There was a brief period in the 1990s where they tried to do this, but they got stamped down rather swiftly.

I think a lot of this hit critical mass maybe five years ago.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed May 17, 2017 2:35 pm

It could be that it has something to do with the fact that kids nowadays spend a lot of time behind the computer instead of playing outside.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed May 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Maybe they would play outside more if they had cohesive communities. Everyone is a rootless cosmopolitan now.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 17, 2017 2:36 pm

They do play outside, though.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed May 17, 2017 2:38 pm

I'm still baffled as hell by this^ I think this is one of the few times psychology might have an answer to something.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Might be cool to prank them. You could put in a Oscar the Grouch puppet that jumps out of the can by remote control and says something, "what the fuck are you doing to my trash can!?". Wait for them to advance on the trash can and push the button.

3knuckleshuffle

Post by 3knuckleshuffle » Wed May 17, 2017 2:48 pm

I think the ball started rolling with columbine. I think we underestimate the effects Columbine had on society. Every parent instantly became terrified their kids would be killed at school, and there wasn't anything they could do to stop it. So anytime a kid comes home with hurt feels, the parent snaps into action and takes matters into their own hands. Subconsciously they think "well I can't do anything if a guy comes at my son with a gun at school. But I can sure as hell call the principal every time someone makes fun of him." Have a generation of kids grow up with the idea that "someone hurt my feels, authorities should be involved" and we get safe spaces and unicorns.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed May 17, 2017 2:49 pm

de officiis wrote:It could be that it has something to do with the fact that kids nowadays spend a lot of time behind the computer instead of playing outside.
Not to mention people freak out if your kids are playing outside without direct supervision
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session