Woman falsely accuses man of rape, he gets 4 years in prison and only $90k in compensation. She serves a weekend

TheOneX

Re: Woman falsely accuses man of rape, he gets 4 years in prison and only $90k in compensation. She serves a weekend

Post by TheOneX » Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:They cannot. A woman needs to get to a rape kit to collect physical evidence. It sucks, but I'd rather not live in a society where I can be imprisoned for years based on the false testimony of a woman.
This is something that needs to be taught from a somewhat young age. If you are raped you will be traumatized, but you need to keep enough wits about you to go to the police immediately. It will be tough in the moment, but it will be a good thing in the long run. If your friend is raped you need to be there for them, and encourage them to report it immediately. When a friend of an ex was raped I asked about pressing charges, and my ex mostly dismissed it. I was completely baffled by her response.

I find how women to treat rape to be very mixed signal. A large portion treat it as hugely important, while others make a mockery of it falsely accusing men of rape claiming everything is rape culture, and then you have a large portion who just want to downplay/ignore it when it happens to themselves or someone they know. I understand why a woman would want to not be public about it, but I don't understand not wanting to pursue justice.

jbird4049

Re: Woman falsely accuses man of rape, he gets 4 years in prison and only $90k in compensation. She serves a weekend

Post by jbird4049 » Mon May 15, 2017 5:40 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:They cannot. A woman needs to get to a rape kit to collect physical evidence. It sucks, but I'd rather not live in a society where I can be imprisoned for years based on the false testimony of a woman.
This is something that needs to be taught from a somewhat young age. If you are raped you will be traumatized, but you need to keep enough wits about you to go to the police immediately. It will be tough in the moment, but it will be a good thing in the long run. If your friend is raped you need to be there for them, and encourage them to report it immediately. When a friend of an ex was raped I asked about pressing charges, and my ex mostly dismissed it. I was completely baffled by her response.

I find how women to treat rape to be very mixed signal. A large portion treat it as hugely important, while others make a mockery of it falsely accusing men of rape claiming everything is rape culture, and then you have a large portion who just want to downplay/ignore it when it happens to themselves or someone they know. I understand why a woman would want to not be public about it, but I don't understand not wanting to pursue justice.
It is very traumatic and the victim often has a hard time just telling anyone. Plus it is not just them.

Part of it is cultural I think. As in don't report even as an 80 year old habit wearing nun in seclusion because you will be blamed for it. Or 12 in school. And in some places that's true.

Part of it is who, what, and wear. If it's a stranger who broke into your home, get him. If it's at some party, again people are likely to blame you even if you were stone cold sober, and it was an ice cream social. If was a little more raucous, again even more blame.

If you don't resist, that's a problem even if it is Mongo the Mongol at 6'6" and 350lbs with you at 5 nothing and 120lbs. You are supposed to always resist at least to many. If it's a loved one. or worse family, it's both extra traumatic, and you might still love that...person.

Add that that sharp objects like knives, shoes, boots, fists and other things are used often, which can make it even more traumatic and difficult to handle. As in can you give a statement with a broken jaw, etc.

In addition, the police and the medical system at that location also has a lot to do with it. Some hospitals are very observant, and supportive of a victim and will make the effort to encourage them to make a rape kit and the police. Who hopefully are not macho asses, but professionals. Also the DA has to want to prosecute, and finally the kits are sometimes not processed, because at whatever level ( city, county, or state) will not process them. Sometimes they just don't want to spend the money. That last be has been known to go for years in a few places.

So even if a woman wants to prosecute, and has the ability to go to a hospital, and gets a rape kit done. All the other pieces have to all work too. And everything I just said also applies to men and children to some degree.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 15, 2017 5:43 pm

All women in the United States have the ability to get to a rape kit.

No physical evidence or witnesses, then no conviction.

It sucks, but convicting people on the accusations some woman makes is literally Salem witch hunt territory. Men have languished in prison for years because of this.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon May 15, 2017 5:56 pm

For the men here, think about how you would feel if your mother , sister, wife or daughter was raped. You'd probably be blind with rage and you'd want to kill the bastard who hurt your loved one. Your loved one knows that and might say nothing so you don't wind up going to jail. It used to be a big reason for not reporting a rape. Maybe it still is.
:royalty-queen:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 15, 2017 5:59 pm

MilSpecs wrote:For the men here, think about how you would feel if your mother , sister, wife or daughter was raped. You'd probably be blind with rage and you'd want to kill the bastard who hurt your loved one. Your loved one knows that and might say nothing so you don't wind up going to jail. It used to be a big reason for not reporting a rape. Maybe it still is.

For the women here, think about how you would feel if your father, brother, husband, or son were falsely accused and imprisoned for many years based on nothing more than baseless allegations. You'd probably want to murder that woman.

Women have access to rape kits, and I am pretty sure our cops are not as useless as UK cops apparently are. Give us the physical evidence and we can reasonably do something about it.

Locking men in cages just because a woman accuses him of something has to stop. This has become the Salem witch trials. It has to stop. Stop trying to justify it because you only make it worse by legitimizing it.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:02 pm

MilSpecs wrote:For the men here, think about how you would feel if your mother , sister, wife or daughter was raped. You'd probably be blind with rage and you'd want to kill the bastard who hurt your loved one. Your loved one knows that and might say nothing so you don't wind up going to jail. It used to be a big reason for not reporting a rape. Maybe it still is.
Point. I didn't think about that.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon May 15, 2017 9:43 pm

We still need a new word for "coerced sex" that differentiates it from violent rape too. They are not the same thing, but treated the same legally.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon May 15, 2017 10:50 pm

OMG MUH FEELS!

WON'T SOMEONE BASE A LEGAL SYSYEM ON MUH FEELS?

I'M GONNA DIE IF I CAN'T GET PEOPLE THROWN IN CAGES BASED ON NOTHING BUT MUH FEELS!

Dude did four years in prison on a false rape claim, and you think that's your cue to come remind all of us that the feels have to respected.

Fuck off with that bullshit.

This bitch should be rotting in prison right now.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed May 17, 2017 11:03 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
OMG MUH FEELS!

WON'T SOMEONE BASE A LEGAL SYSYEM ON MUH FEELS?

I'M GONNA DIE IF I CAN'T GET PEOPLE THROWN IN CAGES BASED ON NOTHING BUT MUH FEELS!

Dude did four years in prison on a false rape claim, and you think that's your cue to come remind all of us that the feels have to respected.

Fuck off with that bullshit.

This bitch should be rotting in prison right now.
I could sink one every time with the perfect arc of the point sailing over your head.
:royalty-queen: