Just The Beginning of Massive Cyber Crime Wave

kybkh

Just The Beginning of Massive Cyber Crime Wave

Post by kybkh » Fri May 12, 2017 1:16 pm

A massive ransomware campaign appears to have infected a number of organisations around the world.
Computers in thousands of locations have apparently been locked by a program that demands $300 (£230) in Bitcoin.
There have been reports of infections in more than 70 countries, including the UK, US, China, Russia, Spain, Italy and Taiwan.
Many security researchers are linking the incidents together.
The UK's National Health Service (NHS) was also hit by a ransomware outbreak on the same day and screenshots of the WannaCry program were shared by NHS staff.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39901382

Y'all can thank Flynn later.

What do when only Hillary voters are hacked?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Re: Just The Beginning of Massive Cyber Crime Wave

Post by kybkh » Fri May 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Security firm Kaspersky Lab has recorded more than 45,000 attacks in 74 countries in the past 10 hours. Seventy-four countries around the globe have been affected, with the number of victims still growing, according to Kaspersky Lab. According to Avast, over 57,000 attacks have been detected worldwide, the company said, adding that it "quickly escalated into a massive spreading."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-1 ... lobal-huge
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Bitcoin: the choice of tax evaders & criminals everywhere.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 12, 2017 1:28 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrew ... 70aecde599

> It's been a matter of weeks since a shady hacker crew called Shadow Brokers dumped a load of tools believed to belong to the National Security Agency (NSA). It now appears one NSA tool, an exploit of Microsoft Windows called EternalBlue, is being used as one method of spreading a ransomware variant called WannaCry across the world.

Let it burn down because I don't live there anymore. Just let it all burn down.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri May 12, 2017 1:34 pm

The fact this story is not being reported is wishful thinking by the media. Hope they checked all the thermostats at Iron Mountain.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri May 12, 2017 1:35 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrew ... 70aecde599

> It's been a matter of weeks since a shady hacker crew called Shadow Brokers dumped a load of tools believed to belong to the National Security Agency (NSA). It now appears one NSA tool, an exploit of Microsoft Windows called EternalBlue, is being used as one method of spreading a ransomware variant called WannaCry across the world.

Let it burn down because I don't live there anymore. Just let it all burn down.
what's the word from the Chan-Gang?

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri May 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Maybe those hospitals should have spent the money to keep their vital information secure :occasion-clown:

I think this could be a great thing. People need to learn about the internet and realize that they're entrusting their money and their lives to businesses that cut corners and put it all at risk to save money.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri May 12, 2017 1:44 pm

MAGA
President Trump, theshadowbrokers is offering our services to you and your administration. Did you know most of theshadowbrokers’ members have taken the oath “…to protect and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic…”.

Mr. President Trump theshadowbrokers sincerely is hoping you are being the real deal and that you received this as constructive criticism toward #MAGA. Some American’s consider or maybe considering TheShadowBrokers traitors. We disagreeing. We view this as keeping our oath to protect and defend against enemies foreign and domestic. TheShadowBrokers wishes we could be doing more, but revolutions/civil wars taking money, time, and people. TheShadowBrokers has is having little of each as our auction was an apparent failure. Be considering this our form of protest.

https://medium.com/@shadowbrokerss/dont ... 7d304a94b1

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 12, 2017 3:16 pm

LiteCoin is the currency of the future. I wouldn't trust my financial future with anything else
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Not shilling Ethereum. It's like you want to stay poor.