Wheaton ROTC Inflammation

katarn

Wheaton ROTC Inflammation

Post by katarn » Mon May 08, 2017 6:43 pm

https://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.or ... -6-14.html

It is a few years old, but still an outstanding issue. Background: Wheaton College is famously Christian. Their students and faculty are all (or at least profess to be) Christian. The pattern follows with their ROTC battalion, where the PMS (Professor of Militry Science) is required to be Christian.
Among the available assignments for Captains on a current list sent to MRFF by a very shocked and appalled active duty Army officer, there are four ROTC Assistant Professor assignments. In parentheses next to one of the four, the one for Wheaton College, is the requirement "MUST BE OF CHRISTIAN FAITH."

While Wheaton is a private Christian college, and can impose a religious test on its own faculty members, it cannot impose that same religious test on the faculty members provided by the U.S. Army for its ROTC program, and the U.S. Army unequivocally cannot require a religious test for any ROTC assignment, regardless of the religious preference of the college at which that ROTC assignment exists.
Should the college be able to make such a requirement?
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

TheReal_ND

Re: Wheaton ROTC Inflammation

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 08, 2017 6:47 pm

Wheaton College is a Christian, residential liberal arts college and graduate school located in Wheaton, Illinois, a suburb 25 miles west of Chicago. The Protestant college was founded by evangelical abolitionists in 1860.
It's fine.

Purge the fucking Marxists already.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon May 08, 2017 6:50 pm

katarn wrote:Should the college be able to make such a requirement?
Yes.

And what nuke said.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 08, 2017 7:15 pm

It's a good college. They are good people. Marxists should go to their state universities to learn marxism so they can work at Starbucks part-time while they protest full time.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 08, 2017 7:18 pm

When the Marxist shithead behind this campaign gets his way it's going to red pill a lot of smart conservatives. I do not think they know what they do.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 08, 2017 7:27 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:When the Marxist shithead behind this campaign gets his way it's going to red pill a lot of smart conservatives. I do not think they know what they do.

I don't know much about what's going on in the Evangelical community. I know the Obama admin red pilled a lot of Catholics during his persecution of the Church, though.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 08, 2017 7:29 pm

I used to listen to a lot of evangelical podcasts or rather just a few a lot. They are very redpilled. Like border line /pol/ edgelords. The key is finding the ones that talk shit about the """rapture""" because it's generally regarded as a heresey spread by a certain sect but I forget the history exactly. It's kind of interesting.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 08, 2017 7:34 pm

In some ways, Obama was a huge boon to the Trad Catholic community. It must be similar for them.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Oh yeah. They fucking hate that guy. Big time Trump supporters. Like in the nationalist populist sense too.

I should check in and see what ol' Rick Wiles is up to now. I got burned out on him shilling for his new parish though. I mean his heart is in the right place because you have to establish a state within the state to ultimately win. But then he hired some annoying Hispanic chick I couldn't listen to and I just fell off.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 08, 2017 7:54 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Oh yeah. They fucking hate that guy. Big time Trump supporters. Like in the nationalist populist sense too.

I should check in and see what ol' Rick Wiles is up to now. I got burned out on him shilling for his new parish though. I mean his heart is in the right place because you have to establish a state within the state to ultimately win. But then he hired some annoying Hispanic chick I couldn't listen to and I just fell off.

Is shit hot?