The Movie Get Out

GloryofGreece

Re: The Movie Get Out

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri May 05, 2017 7:56 pm

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:Does everyone here pretty much like "Dear White People"? Its doing well on "rotten tomatoes" and less so on IMDB.
You would be hard pressed to find more than one or two people on this entire forum who had anything good to say about Dear White People.
;) being sarcastic bro
The good, the true, & the beautiful

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 05, 2017 8:01 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:Does everyone here pretty much like "Dear White People"? Its doing well on "rotten tomatoes" and less so on IMDB.
You would be hard pressed to find more than one or two people on this entire forum who had anything good to say about Dear White People.
;) being sarcastic bro
lol I walked right into that one
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 8:25 pm

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
;) being sarcastic bro
lol I walked right into that one
oo, that reminds me of a joke.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 06, 2017 6:52 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:I can hardly believe I watched the whole thing. If it weren't free, I'd want my money back.

So was it another hate whitey film or was it like Gavin said?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat May 06, 2017 9:05 am

If talent-less filmmakers want to pick the lowhanging racial critic-pleasing fruit and make crappy movies, I'm all for it. I wasn't triggered by this movie. I just thought it sucked. There are plenty of movies that are terrible, like superhero ones. But this movie tried to force a message on us, and I especially hate that. Movies are not a good medium to educate. If you are looking for some deeper message about life, read a book, or join a religion of some kind. Movies are fun to watch, but they represent the shallow end of human ideas. A truly didactic film would be a fucking chore to watch.
Shikata ga nai

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sat May 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:I can hardly believe I watched the whole thing. If it weren't free, I'd want my money back.

So was it another hate whitey film or was it like Gavin said?
If this were an old Western, the whites wore the black hats, and the blacks wore the white hats.
Every white main character gets killed in the end. O yeah, sorry--spoiler alert--the film sucks so bad, it cannot be further spoiled.
It was racist, but not quite as much as it was stupid. One might consider it an OREO conspiracy writ large. I guessed what was going on correctly as I watched--zero surprises--no horror--shit music--bad acting--the dog with irritable bowel syndrome summed it up well--utter shit.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "