Officers ‘de-policing’ as anti-cop hostility becomes ‘new norm’

DBTrek

Re: Officers ‘de-policing’ as anti-cop hostility becomes ‘new norm’

Post by DBTrek » Fri May 05, 2017 7:45 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
jbird4049 wrote:Much of the police are whiny babies who think they should be worshipped and fellated daily. . To heck with them. They are given a badge, a gun, and in much of the country near immunity to prosecution for whatever crimes they might commit. If the whiners are such delicate flowers, perhaps they should either get rid of the bad cops or GTFO.
Yeah!
Fuck the police, yo!

For a minute when she was saying whiny babies who think they should be worshipped and fellated daily I was pretty sure it was going to be public school teachers. But no, it was police. You knew it was going to be some kind of unionized public sector job, either way.

:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 9:24 am

Poor jbird.

Everyone always thinks he's a girl.

I think he's a boomer.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 05, 2017 9:45 am

Boomers are in their 60s for the most part. GenX are in the last segment of their careers. Millennials are now or soon will be the power in business & politics.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri May 05, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm conflicted about the current state of policing. On one side, you have BLM who picks felons and dangerous criminals as martyrs and make it seem like the police are useless. This is a problem. On the other hand, you have cops who think they are soldiers and that any overreach, civil seizure, and excessive use of force on their part is justified. This is also a problem. I don't really know if there is a way for both sides to find middle ground.
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri May 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Boomers are in their 60s for the most part. GenX are in the last segment of their careers. Millennials are now or soon will be the power in business & politics.
I'm pretty sure I saw him down at the country kitchen buffet.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:21 pm

This is the expected short-term result of anti-police sentiment the last few years. To me this got going when Obama called out the cops who were called to the home of a black college professor (forgot names). From there the media carried that torch and lit things up. After that, everyone began video taping every cop they saw. Every cop has this in their mind whenever they take any kind of call. Videos are good for catching bad cops in the act, but it also has the effect of making cops afraid to do anything or get into a situation that may even appear to be out of line, even if it is not.

The long-term result is that good people will opt out of becoming cops. What we'll be left with is more bad apples.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri May 05, 2017 5:28 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:This is the expected short-term result of anti-police sentiment the last few years. To me this got going when Obama called out the cops who were called to the home of a black college professor (forgot names). From there the media carried that torch and lit things up. After that, everyone began video taping every cop they saw. Every cop has this in their mind whenever they take any kind of call. Videos are good for catching bad cops in the act, but it also has the effect of making cops afraid to do anything or get into a situation that may even appear to be out of line, even if it is not.

The long-term result is that good people will opt out of becoming cops. What we'll be left with is more bad apples.
Too true!
That's when Obama lost me.

"I don't know what role race played in that..." the implication being that race did play some role, he just doesn't know what role. "...but the cops acted stupidly."

The fucking professor had to be a dick--he couldn't explain without being arrested that he was breaking into his own house because he forgot his keys? The cops were that racist? Bullshit! It never got any better after the ber summit--what a fucking joke.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri May 05, 2017 6:09 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Boomers are in their 60s for the most part. GenX are in the last segment of their careers. Millennials are now or soon will be the power in business & politics.
Good gizzards and gravy down to the buffet.

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Fife wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Good gizzards and gravy down to the buffet.
Pardon me.

BARF!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: The fucking professor had to be a dick--he couldn't explain without being arrested that he was breaking into his own house because he forgot his keys? The cops were that racist? Bullshit! It never got any better after the ber summit--what a fucking joke.
Somehow not only did he forget his keys, but he apparently didn't have a drivers license or some other form of ID with his address, or even just his name that they could possibly verify against the address, etc.

The #1 thing I've seen get people in trouble with the cops for is... Not controlling their fucking mouths, and pissing the cop off who most of the time is just trying to do their job and really don't want your shit.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."