#DearWhitePeople

Speaker to Animals

Re: #DearWhitePeople

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat May 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Seriously. Just use off-site hosting when possible.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat May 06, 2017 7:34 pm

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat May 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat May 06, 2017 9:05 pm

:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat May 06, 2017 11:17 pm

Bill Nye here to set us straight.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun May 07, 2017 6:15 am

doc_loliday wrote:

Bill Nye here to set us straight.
See, people still take this shit seriously.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun May 07, 2017 7:22 am

The problem I see with the civic nationalists is that they believe so many nonwhites subscribe to this bigotry because the left is teaching them to think this way. (1) It's sort of racist in and of itself to assume other races are so lacking in agency that white leftists can manipulate them in this way. (2) I think the more accurate description of the phenomenon is that white leftist politicians are pandering to something that already exists in those communities.

I am not trying to be mean to the civic nationalists. I once believed in this stuff too. But I think you need to take off the rose-colored glasses and just accept the facts that accumulate day after day. Accept the reality. This is our new reality. We have to adopt identity politics too or we are going to get lined up like the Jews once were if we ever become minorities around the world with no nation of our own.

In particular, whites are already the minority in several regions of the United States, and they face rampant discrimination. Discrimination backed up by a state weaponized against them as well.

The entire rest of the world operates under ethno-nationalism except for a few small exceptions (like Singapore, which was heavily influenced by European culture). Japanese are not rushing to replace themselves with Muslims or whatever else. China is full-up on Muslims. While you can work there for a while, you aren't going to become a citizen.

This is not to say civic nationalism has no merit. I am saying we need to be very careful about assuming the rest of the world thinks this way. Because they do not. Those Latinos waving Mexican flags across Southern California and chanting "white people get out" should indicate to you that this didn't pan out.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon May 08, 2017 4:35 am

kybkh wrote:
The Conservative wrote: Book smart vs reality smart are two entirely different things. As for the heart of the Appalachians... my grandfather was from WV... and he was as cynical as the day was long... guess it matters when they were there.
Certainly, books smarts does not equal street smarts. I suppose the difference between her and your grandfather has more to do with her family and what they cared about than anything. Politics outside of the hollar never meant much to them as long as the coal mine was open.
Oh trust me, my grandfather left because of WWII, he was going to WVU to get his doctorates. Things like change a person's perspective.

My great uncle was a coal miner for as long as he could be, not a bad guy, rough around the edges, but you could tell that different paths were meant for both people.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon May 08, 2017 6:40 am

So... going into work today one stop away from my subway stop a girl got onto the subway car and was being verbally accosted by a guy. I wish race wasn't an issue, but lets just say he was dropping the N bomb at this girl... so you guess from there. He's also a foot plus taller than I am, and about 15 years younger, and mildly jacked.

Oh, and the girl that was being accosted was as white as I was, so the N-Bombs were just crass language being used. I really have an issue with it, but it seems that as long as someone is a photo negative as me, they can use it freely.. but that's another story all together.

I listened to it for a few seconds because he wasn't stopping this tirade. I told him to chill. He turned on me and started to N Bomb me. I told him he didn't want to go there, then all of the sudden his girlfriend jumped in on the "conversation", and said, "What did I say?" as if her boyfriend's vocabulary wasn't offensive enough as it was.

So I got a 2 on one in a verbal spar going on, the girl was behind me at this time afraid if what was going to go down... now mind you I'm in no way in the best condition of my life, so I was not exactly looking forward to what could happen if either decided to go beyond words. I could of held my own, but I know I'm not as fast as I used to be.

So anyway, he gets off the same stop I do, and starts to go at me verbally again, I said either back off, because the next thing that is going to happen isn't going to end well for you. He kept on talking smack but walked away.

Only when I was over 30 feet away did he start on me again. I raised my hands up and said, "Any time"... he walked away cursing.
You know, this could have gone badly, but at the same time it makes me wonder, if this is the "minority" we are supposed to be giving a chance to succeed... we need to put this money elsewhere... or teach manners in school, because they think they can get away with this attitude, they are screwed in the future...

White privilege my ass...
#NotOneRedCent

Dand

Post by Dand » Mon May 08, 2017 7:12 am

Were the rowdy people white? Never seen white people use "nigger" as a slur against other whites before. The person you were dealing with was probably retarded and not worth engaging with.