#DearWhitePeople

Fife

Re: #DearWhitePeople

Post by Fife » Thu May 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Have fun in the near future, fam!

http://blogs.ams.org/inclusionexclusion ... t-the-way/

FFS dude, that's the blog of the American Mathematical Society. Not the fucking Psychiatry Society, the motherfucking Math Society.

Grisha Perelman was right. Fuck this world.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu May 18, 2017 3:10 pm

lol what?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Fife wrote:

FFS dude, that's the blog of the American Mathematical Society. Not the fucking Psychiatry Society, the motherfucking Math Society.

Yep.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu May 18, 2017 4:35 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:

Yep.
Jesus Christ. So much for STEM being a safe space.

We need more Victor Davis Hansons and Jordan Petersons in the University. I think Peterson is right, the Academy as we know it is going to be dead within a decade
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 18, 2017 4:40 pm

California wrote:
Fife wrote:

Yep.

We need more Victor Davis Hansons and Jordan Petersons in the University. I think Peterson is right, the Academy as we know it is going to be dead within a decade

We need to convert the federal government into a confederation, and separate into our own cultural groups.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu May 18, 2017 6:11 pm

California wrote:
Fife wrote:

Yep.

Please Dear Lord, please. I'll take a decade as a win.

Math is a Colonial Capitalist Trick, haven't you all heard?

New ‘Social Justice’ Math Class Teaches Kids That Math Is Evil, Dehumanizing
"Mathematics... have been used to trick indigenous peoples out of land and property."

But Teach for America thinks that language is "social justice," and has designed a course that makes some startling claims about math.

"In western mathematics, our ways of knowing include formalized reasoning or proof, decontextualization, and algorithmic thinking, leaving little room for those having non-western mathematical skills and thinking processes," the training course claims.

It continues:

"Mathematical ethics recognizes that, for centuries, mathematics has been used as a dehumanizing tool… mathematics formulae also differentiate between the classifications of a war or a genocide and have been used to trick indigenous peoples out of land and property."

That's a quote, kids. 2017, IRL.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Dark age time. Thanks, lefties.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu May 18, 2017 6:53 pm

Dear Black People:

Why do all of your artists and critics forge their entire identity on their skin? Everything else that defines a person is incidental to them. Black people are hardly the only ones that do this, as gays, transgenders, and weirdo tumblrites are also repeat offenders in this regard.
White directors, artists, authors etc. do not make their work solely about race. Their work can be shit, but at least it stands on its own and is not carried along by guilt, hipness, and virtue signalling.

Try to watch a movie made by a prominent black director. It will always be: "I'm black! That's it! White people are so evil. Give me awards and money for skin color!" That Key and Peele "Shit Out" movie is the most recent example of this.
Shikata ga nai

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri May 19, 2017 5:59 am

:sad-roulette:

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 am

I think we should just start embracing the divide. I don't see the Obama Coalition changing courses.

The OC really fucked up by lumping white women in the mix.

“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama