#DearWhitePeople

kybkh

#DearWhitePeople

Post by kybkh » Thu May 04, 2017 11:13 am

So I have decided to accept the White Privilege Challenge and listen to popular black activists "confessionals". This dude in particular represented the perspective of African Americans I could most relate to. He acknowledges the advances in racial equality we have made in this country but as a counterpoint he states that these advancements have only been in place for the past two generations which means there are still disadvantages for being black.

I accept that point. Discrimination has generational impacts for sure. Being white has its benefits for sure. He doesn't offer any solutions to this issue though. In fact none of the videos I have seen to this point offer solutions other than outright stripping ownership from whites and redistributing their assets.

Two statements he made were especially frustrating:

1. Complaining about having to "work harder for what he has". Fact is at some point in time every race, culture, tribe, nation has had to earn what they have.

2. His base position is its the "black team" versus the "white team". From that starting point there can never be a "reconciliation" between the two races because he has accepted the idea that it is and always will be us versus them, a constant competition for resources which will always result in conflict.

“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Martin Hash

Re: #DearWhitePeople

Post by Martin Hash » Thu May 04, 2017 11:21 am

Everybody thinks everybody else is out to get them. (Me anyway...)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu May 04, 2017 11:30 am

kybkh wrote:So I have decided to accept the White Privilege Challenge and listen to popular black activists "confessionals". This dude in particular represented the perspective of African Americans I could most relate to. He acknowledges the advances in racial equality we have made in this country but as a counterpoint he states that these advancements have only been in place for the past two generations which means there are still disadvantages for being black.

I accept that point. Discrimination has generational impacts for sure. Being white has its benefits for sure. He doesn't offer any solutions to this issue though. In fact none of the videos I have seen to this point offer solutions other than outright stripping ownership from whites and redistributing their assets.

Two statements he made were especially frustrating:

1. Complaining about having to "work harder for what he has". Fact is at some point in time every race, culture, tribe, nation has had to earn what they have.

2. His base position is its the "black team" versus the "white team". From that starting point there can never be a "reconciliation" between the two races because he has accepted the idea that it is and always will be us versus them, a constant competition for resources which will always result in conflict.

He is his own worst enemy. Instead of accepting that things aren't just going to be given to him, and he has to work hard for it, there is a claim that whites have it "easier"...

You know what, lets give them reparations, etc... then after that everything that has to do with race gets taken off the books, because if all it takes if a few hundred thousand to make people happen, I'll be more than willing to do it... after that, the bar is reset, and they got to work for everything just like us privileged white people do.

Also, get rid of the fucking flowers... god damn...
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 04, 2017 12:04 pm

I thought this bullcrap would be avoided through culture??

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu May 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I thought this bullcrap would be avoided through culture??
I though this was meant to be over and done with, once Obama took office?
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu May 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Something does not add up. Surely race is not such a big deal? I was assured culture trumps race..

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu May 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Something does not add up. Surely race is not such a big deal? I was assured culture trumps race..
Have you listened to what they call music now in the black community in the ghettos? That's a culture that should be cleaned out with more than a bar of soap...
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu May 04, 2017 12:27 pm

Race is a power grab. Every time you talk about it, you give the Race-baiters power. This thread gives Race-baiters power. You are dupes. (Me too.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu May 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Race is a power grab. Every time you talk about it, you give the Race-baiters power. This thread gives Race-baiters power. You are dupes. (Me too.)
LBJ's words still ring true today because of it.
#NotOneRedCent

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Thu May 04, 2017 12:32 pm

I am trying to develop empathy beyond my current level of understanding.

I have been so long removed from a metropolitan area that I have no idea where this generation of African Americans is coming from.

The flowers on his head show me something is different with the black culture than the last time I was receiving high levels of exposure.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama