Berkeley Live Stream

Okeefenokee

Re: Berkeley Live Stream

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 pm

heydaralon wrote:For students in Berkeley, are all these protests disrupting their final exam schedules? It seems pretty fucked if you are studying for a differential equations test or something and people are throwing m80s and bottles as you are walking to the library. I though the point of school was to pass your classes so you could get a decent fucking job, not to get involved with identity politics dipshits and vandalize shit. I feel like people have lost sight of what college is for. You don't need to spend tens of thousands of dollars at college to be exposed to new views. You can join any number of online groups for that. The point of school is to prepare you for the workforce so you can be self sufficient. If I was a studious person actually interested in that, I would stay the fuck away from Berkeley right now.
Hey, this is libary.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:28 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
heydaralon wrote:For students in Berkeley, are all these protests disrupting their final exam schedules? It seems pretty fucked if you are studying for a differential equations test or something and people are throwing m80s and bottles as you are walking to the library. I though the point of school was to pass your classes so you could get a decent fucking job, not to get involved with identity politics dipshits and vandalize shit. I feel like people have lost sight of what college is for. You don't need to spend tens of thousands of dollars at college to be exposed to new views. You can join any number of online groups for that. The point of school is to prepare you for the workforce so you can be self sufficient. If I was a studious person actually interested in that, I would stay the fuck away from Berkeley right now.
Hey, this is libary.
That depends, if I was paying $20k/yr for an engineering degree that might earn me a decent salary after, enough maybe to pay those loans off, I'd be pissed.

If I was paying that for a degree in "women's studies" that's probably gonna wind up with the govt garnishing my social security after 40 years serving coffee to people at Starbucks, I might not care so much. :roll:
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:35 pm

That depends, if I was paying $20k/yr for an engineering degree that might earn me a decent salary after, enough maybe to pay those loans off, I'd be pissed.

If I was paying that for a degree in "women's studies" that's probably gonna wind up with the govt garnishing my social security after 40 years serving coffee to people at Starbucks, I might not care so much. :roll:
If you went to UC Berkley for the former you deserve the latter.