Government shutdown ahead?

PartyOf5

Government shutdown ahead?

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:20 am

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/politics/ ... index.html

So the Dems are openly threatening a government shutdown to keep a separate health care bill vote from happening. I have not yet seen anything fro the media calling them out on this for the blackmail tactic that this is. During Obama's years a government shutdown was "OMGZ horrible" and could not be allowed to happen. If it did, it was the minority GOPs fault for not letting the majority steer the ship. They are the biggest bunch of transparent hypocrites on the face of this planet. Right behind them are their pals in the media that will spin this into them being somehow heroic in this and the GOP are the evil empire.

Xenophon

Re: Government shutdown ahead?

Post by Xenophon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:29 am

PartyOf5 wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/politics/ ... index.html

So the Dems are openly threatening a government shutdown to keep a separate health care bill vote from happening. I have not yet seen anything fro the media calling them out on this for the blackmail tactic that this is. During Obama's years a government shutdown was "OMGZ horrible" and could not be allowed to happen. If it did, it was the minority GOPs fault for not letting the majority steer the ship. They are the biggest bunch of transparent hypocrites on the face of this planet. Right behind them are their pals in the media that will spin this into them being somehow heroic in this and the GOP are the evil empire.
Same crap, different day. Politics are getting more depressing by the day.

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 am

Yes.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:05 am

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

ssu

Post by ssu » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:26 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/politics/ ... index.html

Yep, Democrats finally learning the opposition tricks of the trade from the Republicans.

But Trump is an easy picking, likely will withdraw, so I guess this is the standard Washington theatre play.

No accident that shutdown was to happen at the 100 day mark, btw.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:18 pm

ssu wrote:Yep, Democrats finally learning the opposition tricks of the trade from the Republicans.
That's a BS statement. The GOP gets blamed for EVERY government shutdown. I don't recall the GOP openly threatening a shutdown of the governemtn because the Dems were going to hold a vote on separate bill. Both sides use dirty tricks to get their way, but this is a new one from what I can tell.

Speaking of learned tricks, how is that Nuclear option working out for the Dems now who were so eager to use it when they had control?