Google Targeted to Control Social Narrative

DBTrek

Google Targeted to Control Social Narrative

Post by DBTrek » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 am

Google’s ‘Project Owl’ — a three-pronged attack on fake news & problematic :roll: content

. . . . Project Owl is Google’s internal name for its endeavor to fight back on problematic searches. The owl name was picked for no specific reason, Google said. However, the idea of an owl as a symbol for wisdom is appropriate. Google’s effort seeks to bring some wisdom back into areas where it is sorely needed.

“Problematic searches” is a term I’ve been giving to a situations where Google is coping with the consequences of the “post-truth” world. People are increasingly producing content that reaffirms a particular world view or opinion regardless of actual facts. In addition, people are searching in enough volume for rumors, urban myths, slurs or derogatory topics that they’re influencing the search suggestions that Google offers in offensive and possibly dangerous ways. . . .

http://searchengineland.com/googles-pro ... ews-273700
Saving everyone from statues and flags is not enough.
We must save them from "problematic searches".

Are the George Orwell alarms are screaming for sane people to head to their bunkers yet?
Safe Spacing the internet, for a righteous cause, of course.
Burn the heretics.
:doh:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Re: Google Targeted to Control Social Narrative

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:37 am

Careful, careful... (Don't want to get us blacklisted, now do you?)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 am

Martin Hash wrote:Careful, careful... (Don't want to get us blacklisted, now do you?)
You mean we aren't already? The Google Bot stops by twice a week, doesn't it?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:09 am

Google has been fucking up my wrong think searches for like a year now. Even when I'm signed out. Don't even bother searching Trump.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:45 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Google has been fucking up my wrong think searches for like a year now. Even when I'm signed out. Don't even bother searching Trump.
We've documented this pretty heavily here.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:30 am

I wonder what the future holds for all of this. Will people always chafe under the blanket of thought control, even supposing that it is truth? Would that be a good thing?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:34 am

Truth will become a matter of opinion when wrong thinkers don't trust sources anymore.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:40 am

Honestly I don't think I can trust anything anymore
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:41 am

DBTrek wrote:
Google’s ‘Project Owl’ — a three-pronged attack on fake news & problematic :roll: content

. . . . Project Owl is Google’s internal name for its endeavor to fight back on problematic searches. The owl name was picked for no specific reason, Google said. However, the idea of an owl as a symbol for wisdom is appropriate. Google’s effort seeks to bring some wisdom back into areas where it is sorely needed.

“Problematic searches” is a term I’ve been giving to a situations where Google is coping with the consequences of the “post-truth” world. People are increasingly producing content that reaffirms a particular world view or opinion regardless of actual facts. In addition, people are searching in enough volume for rumors, urban myths, slurs or derogatory topics that they’re influencing the search suggestions that Google offers in offensive and possibly dangerous ways. . . .

http://searchengineland.com/googles-pro ... ews-273700
Saving everyone from statues and flags is not enough.
We must save them from "problematic searches".

Are the George Orwell alarms are screaming for sane people to head to their bunkers yet?
Safe Spacing the internet, for a righteous cause, of course.
Burn the heretics.
:doh:
You need to protect the special snowflakes from getting hurt and melting into a puddle of panic, don't you know?
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:36 pm

California wrote:Honestly I don't think I can trust anything anymore
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751