What I Don't Understand About Being Called Racist

kybkh

What I Don't Understand About Being Called Racist

Post by kybkh » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Gen-Xers in particular grew up wanting to be black. I am not talking about Cosby black, I am talking about Snoop Dogg black. Kids in my subruban neighborhood went out of their way to befriend black gang members to be seen as cool.

In the 90's the surest way to get laid was to be gangsta. All we listened to was gangster rap and Outkast. I attended 5 different high schools in between 92-97 and it was the same everywhere.

So, what changed? How have we become more racist?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

pineapplemike

Re: What I Don't Understand About Being Called Racist

Post by pineapplemike » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Turns out we were racist to emulate the style of black america for our own selfish desires, oh well

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Just embrace it so we can get to work tossing marxists out of helicopters.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Just embrace it so we can get to work tossing marxists out of helicopters.
You don't do that for wrongthink.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:11 pm

kybkh wrote:Gen-Xers in particular grew up wanting to be black. I am not talking about Cosby black, I am talking about Snoop Dogg black. Kids in my subruban neighborhood went out of their way to befriend black gang members to be seen as cool.

In the 90's the surest way to get laid was to be gangsta. All we listened to was gangster rap and Outkast. I attended 5 different high schools in between 92-97 and it was the same everywhere.

I would blame the political left. They have done a great job of indoctrinating people into believing class issues are in fact race issues. In doing so they have laid the seeds of racism on their side. Instead of fixing the issue of racism, they have only propagated racism. Only now instead of it mainly being white racism towards minorities, it has become mostly the left being racist towards whites. Coming from a historically racist area I have seen racism towards blacks, I know what it looks like, as of recently the only people I've seen act in that fashion are targeting white people.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:13 pm

TheOneX wrote:
kybkh wrote:Gen-Xers in particular grew up wanting to be black. I am not talking about Cosby black, I am talking about Snoop Dogg black. Kids in my subruban neighborhood went out of their way to befriend black gang members to be seen as cool.

I would blame the political left. They have done a great job of indoctrinating people into believing class issues are in fact race issues. In doing so they have laid the seeds of racism on their side. Instead of fixing the issue of racism, they have only propagated racism. Only now instead of it mainly being white racism towards minorities, it has become mostly the left being racist towards whites. Coming from a historically racist area I have seen racism towards blacks, I know what it looks like, as of recently the only people I've seen act in that fashion are targeting white people.
It's coming from the media that needs some serious motherfucking disruption. I am not sure if the identitarian idiots spreading this are truly left wingers.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:23 pm

Oh look it's a Kentucky thinks he was cool in high school rerun.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:26 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Oh look it's a Kentucky thinks he was cool in high school rerun.
Huh?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Let's face facts: Kentucky was wearing Bugle Boy cargo pants, suspenders, and pastel shirts with a Breakfast Club hat.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:43 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Oh look it's a Kentucky thinks he was cool in high school rerun.
Bitch last time I was talking about middle school.

I swear once Flynn PMs me your real identity I real ruin you.

Besides, obviously there are similar feelings held by other posters and all you have to do is look at 90's culture to confirm.

‘Boyz in the Hood’ has been described as a powerful drama about growing up in black Urban
America. Written and directed by John Singleton who grew up in the “Hood” (short for
neighbourhood), in South Central Los Angeles. The film tells the story of three friends: Tre,
Doughboy and Ricky.
At the beginning of the film we see Tre living with his mother. At school he gets involved in
classroom conflicts with other pupils, breaking a’ contract’ that he had with his mother to
behave. The result of this is that his mother feels it is time for Tre’s father (Furious Styles) to
resume his responsibility for Tre and teach him values that – Singleton is clearly saying in the
film – only a father can.
Set against this example of a father taking responsibility for his son, are Tre’s two friends,
Ricky and Doughboy. They live with their mother in the same neighbourhood. The absence of
their father is conspicuous throughout the movie. Doughboy is seen going ‘off the rails’ whilst
still a young boy. By the time he is seventeen he has already served a jail sentence and his
future seems to be set in a pattern of selling drugs and gang violence. Ricky becomes a
father while still at school. The cycle of children deserted by fathers unable to cope
psychologically or economically with a family seems likely to repeat itself. The ‘hope’ for Ricky
is that he sees a football scholarship leading to a college place as his way out of the violence
and poverty of the area.
John Singleton has said he is pleased that his film reaches a wider audience than the Black community
as it “deals with ordinary human conditions. Everyone sees a part of themselves in the film.” He
believes that story and character are the most important aspects of filmmaking: “Never be
afraid of your material. The audience should not think they are watching a movie,” he says.

http://www.filmeducation.org/pdf/film/B ... 20Hood.pdf
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama