Looks Like American Airlines has taken a page from United's Beatdown Book.

TheOneX

Re: Looks Like American Airlines has taken a page from United's Beatdown Book.

Post by TheOneX » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:12 pm

The Conservative wrote:
TheOneX wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Still seems to me that things happened when they shouldn't have.
Agreed, given that the airline has already suspended the employee, and is investigating the situation it is hard to be outraged about it.
There is no excuse for this shit to happen... past, present or future.

Oh yeah, the guy was suspended... whoopty doo... they were all given first class seats... whoopty doo... tell me... do you think you'd be appeased if that happened to you?

Oh, and a side note... someone punches my wife, three things will happen. I hit them, they hit the ground, and I don't stop hitting them till someone pulls me off.

No it shouldn't have happened, but you know what we live in a fucked up world where sometimes people do fucked up things. Sometimes those people will be employees of a company, and as much as the company might try there isn't a whole lot they can do to stop an employee from going rogue. All they can do is prevent that person from working for them again, and compensate the person that was wronged. Expecting anything else is asinine.

How you would react if it happened to your wife is completely irrelevant to the conversation. It has nothing to do with whether or not American Airlines could have predicted an employee going rogue. If the guy turns out to has past indicating that there was a good chance he might do this, then yes I will be outraged. Otherwise how the fuck do you expect them to know he would do this? What kind of voodoo magic do you use to tell the future that American Airlines needs to start using? See I cannot be outraged at American Airlines for what a single employee does. I can only be outraged at American Airlines if there was a reasonable reason to believe he would do this prior to him doing this, or if they do not take the necessary steps to prevent the employee from working for them again and compensating the customer. If American Airlines is doing what they are supposed to be doing, what the fuck am I supposed to be outraged about? That they don't use mind control on their employees?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:21 pm

TheOneX wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
TheOneX wrote:
Agreed, given that the airline has already suspended the employee, and is investigating the situation it is hard to be outraged about it.
There is no excuse for this shit to happen... past, present or future.

Oh yeah, the guy was suspended... whoopty doo... they were all given first class seats... whoopty doo... tell me... do you think you'd be appeased if that happened to you?

Oh, and a side note... someone punches my wife, three things will happen. I hit them, they hit the ground, and I don't stop hitting them till someone pulls me off.

No it shouldn't have happened, but you know what we live in a fucked up world where sometimes people do fucked up things. Sometimes those people will be employees of a company, and as much as the company might try there isn't a whole lot they can do to stop an employee from going rogue. All they can do is prevent that person from working for them again, and compensate the person that was wronged. Expecting anything else is asinine.

How you would react if it happened to your wife is completely irrelevant to the conversation. It has nothing to do with whether or not American Airlines could have predicted an employee going rogue. If the guy turns out to has past indicating that there was a good chance he might do this, then yes I will be outraged. Otherwise how the fuck do you expect them to know he would do this? What kind of voodoo magic do you use to tell the future that American Airlines needs to start using? See I cannot be outraged at American Airlines for what a single employee does. I can only be outraged at American Airlines if there was a reasonable reason to believe he would do this prior to him doing this, or if they do not take the necessary steps to prevent the employee from working for them again and compensating the customer. If American Airlines is doing what they are supposed to be doing, what the fuck am I supposed to be outraged about? That they don't use mind control on their employees?
If I saw a woman with a child get punched, my reaction probably wouldn't be much different if the father/husband wasn't in front of me already doing the same thing. I have a very strong guardian complex for better or worse.
#NotOneRedCent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Where's the video of the stewardess hitting her with the stroller?

Its good the guy didn't beat him up like i would have because it then would have been turned into a hate crime
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:01 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Welcome to ND Airways. We'll gut check your grandma if she gives us any lip. Want some peanuts? Think fast. I don't know where your luggage is, fuck off.
:lol:

Best post in this thread.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:22 am

Home of the Catfight, Land of the Drama Queen.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:33 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Honest to God, mobilizing and flying off to a combat zone loaded into the little cabin at the top of a C-5 is more pleasant than commercial airlines.
True dat. Even the charted flights flying back to the states with two pilots and only one attendant for like 300 hundred soldiers was better than some of this shit. "I'm on my own for snacks and shit on the plane? Cool, I'll hit up PX beforehand." "No entertainment? Cool, I'll charge up my Ipod,"