10-year-old autistic boy getting arrested at school

JohnDonne

Re: 10-year-old autistic boy getting arrested at school

Post by JohnDonne » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:17 pm

Listen, I'd talk any of you bastards off the ledge.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:34 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:In the public school where I work, math is taught by:

paid math teachers
paid TA's that work in the math lab
paid instructors that work in the math emporium
paid tutors that work under the RAP program
paid tutors that work under the SSSP program
paid tutors that work in the tutoring center (that's me)
paid tutors that work in the center for students with disabilities

and you know who's being hired right now?

paid tutors that work under the online tutoring program

The science department is almost as big, but they're churning out PhD's and bringing in a lot of grant money.
We are talking about K-12 here. Public universities are a whole other ball of wax.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:46 pm

If we didn't have multiculturalism in America, we wouldn't be successful. There are plenty of public schools that are highly successful.
Uh huh yet a few posts ago you post this.
And the places with small populations and a lack of cultures have an easier time educating their public for those reasons,
Once again contradicting yourself. I hope you teach math, art, or music because anything else concerning language and no wonder public schools are in a sad state.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:11 am

skankhunt42 wrote:Look we have some people projecting, others that just hate the government school system (also probably projecting), which is fine. The public school system has its problems, but man, I don't understand what you guys want? Private schools cost money too, money that maybe this kid's family can't afford. On top of that, private schools are usually limited in terms of personnel. The public school I work at literally 40% is spent on SPED. 40%. That's a huge number. The bottom line is everyone in this situation is most likely wrong, and it's a shame it was made public because they all look like asses.

Improving education is such a complicated issue. What you're talking about is changing the culture nationally, as well as trying to trying to figure out how to do all of this in places where people are in severe poverty. The wealthy public schools at least in Ohio are as well off if not better than some or most of the private and charter schools. So to say that everything about government schools is bad, I think, is a lousy opinion at best, especially compared to the rest of the world. Much of our success as a nation compared to others is we don't turn away everyone. Hell, Hash has it written in his mission statement. Fuck classism. The rest of the world doesn't really embrace that. And the places with small populations and a lack of cultures have an easier time educating their public for those reasons, but that doesn't equate to greatness as an empire.

Alright, done ranting. Some of you are such bitter fucks, and you offer no solutions. You're as worthless as the systems you bitch about.
Oh, there are plenty of solutions, and it's not complex... it's actually very simple. The problem is that there is too much overhead, and not enough money flowing where it needs to, to solve the situation.
#NotOneRedCent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:28 am

skankhunt42 wrote:
California wrote:The boy is 10.

There should be no felony, jail time, police presence, etc. whether he is disabled or not. He is a small child

Every single person in this story besides the boy and his mother should be tortured to death.
Disagree. Work in a school system, you should see the shit 10 year olds can do to old women. We don't know what he did. What if he took a chair to her dome or something, because i've seen that in person. Do those kids not deserve a night in juvi?
It happened MONTHS before the arrest. So you're argument doesn't hold water because if it was sever he would've been expelled.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi: