10-year-old autistic boy getting arrested at school

SilverEagle

10-year-old autistic boy getting arrested at school

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:35 am

A school resource officer at Okeechobee Achievement Academy in Florida stood over the 10-year-old boy as his mother asked: “Does he have the same rights as an adult?” Then, the officer reached for the boy’s wrists.

“I don’t want to be touched,” John Benjamin said, throwing his hands in the air. “I don’t like to be touched.”

His mother, Luanne Haygood, who was filming the emotional scene, said she and her son had been called into the school for state standardizing testing April 12; while they were there, she said, officers arrested her son for an incident that occurred in October.

He spent the night behind bars at a juvenile facility, Haygood said.

Haygood said John Benjamin, who has been diagnosed with autism, had kicked and scratched his paraprofessional educator (also known as an educational assistant) and, unknown to his own family, had an outstanding warrant for battery on a school board employee, a third-degree felony.
There is a video inside the full article.

My thoughts.

1. The Authorities involved with this should be fired and taken to court to be sued individually and the school should be sued separately. Make an example of these fucktards. I'm sorry but some common fucking sense should be applied in situations like this.

2. The cops should have the shit kicked out of them for how they handled the situation. There is nothing preventing them from letting the mother take him down to the fucking police station un-cuffed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/edu ... a1a92d7fd2
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Speaker to Animals

Re: 10-year-old autistic boy getting arrested at school

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 am

The judge who issued that warrant, and the prosecutor who asked for it, need to be air dropped to ISIS.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:07 am

Want to get my blood boiling, that is how to get my blood boiling...

A student with a disability should not be held to the same standards as someone without a disability. No matter how much they wish to be treated the same, a disability such as Autism/Aspergers require special handling. Not all can be treated the same either. I have an issue with loud areas, crowds and people that don't know what the fuck personal space is...

This kid scratch someone, and an unknown... what triggered it?

Was the judge aware of the child's disability? If so the judge deserves to be derobed and loose his job permanently. The principal that allowed this to even go through should be removed, and the student and teacher if they allowed this to happen on their behalf needs to find another career...

I am so thankful my son doesn't have my disabilities, but if the school system did this to my son, you'd be hearing it in the news because I would have gone off on the entire staff, and the police attempting to arrest my son.
#NotOneRedCent

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Sounds more like all sides are wrong. First off, we don't know where this kid is on the spectrum or exactly what he did. Secondly, the authorities handled this terribly and should be held accountable, as well as the school system. Lastly, disability or not, his language and his mother condoning it, whatever.

Fuck everyone involved. I don't feel sorry for anyone involved in this cluster fuck.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:32 pm

The Conservative wrote:Want to get my blood boiling, that is how to get my blood boiling...

A student with a disability should not be held to the same standards as someone without a disability. No matter how much they wish to be treated the same, a disability such as Autism/Aspergers require special handling. Not all can be treated the same either. I have an issue with loud areas, crowds and people that don't know what the fuck personal space is...
Lot of gray area there man. It really depends on what that person with the disability did. If it's to the point where they are a danger to others, then tough shit, if it's not, then I agree with you.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:35 pm

But /pol/ is the board of peace.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 pm

The boy is 10.

There should be no felony, jail time, police presence, etc. whether he is disabled or not. He is a small child

Every single person in this story besides the boy and his mother should be tortured to death.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:56 pm

This is why we need armored vehicles in every police department and why every cop should be donned in SWAT gear at all times. If the cops had brought AR15s to the school, they might of been able to de escalate the situation with the 10 year old.
Shikata ga nai

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:08 pm

I'm kind of thinking >cat balls< for the direction this thread is going.

TORTURE EVERYBODY

At the very least that should get Nukedog all irritated... :twisted:
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:09 pm

DrYouth wrote:I'm kind of thinking >cat balls< for the direction this thread is going.

TORTURE EVERYBODY

At the very least that should get Nukedog all irritated... :twisted:
What does cat balls mean?
Shikata ga nai