Things You Know Will Happen

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Things You Know Will Happen

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I'm going to start referring to the odious soccer rule that I can't use my hands as a 'competition barrier.'

I'm a sovereign citizen of this soccer club, and I will move the ball in the manner that is most competitive, thus increasing scoring efficiency, which is better for the soccer fan.
Play rugby.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I'm going to start referring to the odious soccer rule that I can't use my hands as a 'competition barrier.'

I'm a sovereign citizen of this soccer club, and I will move the ball in the manner that is most competitive, thus increasing scoring efficiency, which is better for the soccer fan.
Did you agree to play soccer, or did the bad man point a gun at you and tell you to play soccer?

What do you have against rules, you madcap?

FFS, start your own game, "Scoring Efficiency Olympics," and I'll wait for your cable TV contract. Or free Youtube streaming, whatever.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Fife wrote:
Now we're cooking with gas.
:dance:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Fife wrote:
Go ahead: tell me which of the soccer rules you have a problem with, and why.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:09 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:The Post will be a dud at the box office. This is going to be about as popular as that Tom Cruise movie Lions for Lambs.
Lions for Lambs made money, $63 million on a $35 million budget, so that's a 45% margin, the Post cost $50 million, so it needs to make $77.5 million to catch Lions for Lambs.

Mind you, it's the one of the few movies out there that I'm interested in seeing, Spielberg + Hanks + Historical, and I'm there, but I'll just wait for it to come to pay-per-view.
It doesn't matter if it made money. $63 million for a movie starring Tom Cruise is a disaster.

I'd much rather watch Marvel superheroes than a movie about the media portraying themselves as superheroes.

And Transformers has been trash for a long time now. The 1st movie was the only really good one.

Star Wars turned into trash too. The Marvel movies are not all wonderful, but at least Disney didn't shit all over their history like they are Star Wars.
I can't really get a sense of how well the Post is going to do without a general release, it's only in limited release right now, it's only being shown in 9 theaters, whereas Star Wars is playing in 4,000+ theaters.

Mind you, the Post pulled in a weekly average of $133,000 per theater, against only $70,000 per theater for Star Wars, so in the markets where the Post has opened in limited release, it's actually out performing Star Wars.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Fife wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Fife wrote:
Go ahead: tell me which of the soccer rules you have a problem with, and why.

The one that requires all soccer players be homosexuals is a problem. But it might be unavoidable, given the nature of the "sport".

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:14 pm

Soccer is far too important to be left up to the participants and spectators, obviously.

The Public needs Soccer Rule Enforcers.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:16 pm

You mean like a referee? Yeah, that's a good idea, lolberg.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:18 pm

Looking at the saturation of theaters, with a drop off from $70,000 per theater to $40,000 per theater, week one into week two, Star Wars is actually competing against itself right now, they've got it in a lot of theaters, but none of those theaters are close to being full, it's certainly nowhere near maximum capacity, and it's actually fading rather quickly.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:You mean like a referee? Yeah, that's a good idea, lolberg.

Hmmm....

Can we agree in advance on a neutral to resolve our disputes over the agreed-upon rules?

Do we have the human agency to agree upon anything at all?

Gib it a think, stateberg.