Things You Know Will Happen

Okeefenokee

Re: Things You Know Will Happen

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Western Europe will surrender to the caliphate without a fight.

Eastern Europe will go to war with the Western European caliphate.

Nords will post online about Russian collaboration.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:48 am

C-Mag wrote:@Bjorn

Your logic is fine, it's based on conventional wisdom. This a prediction thread. I see more differences with Eastern and Western Europe. I also recognize there a cyclic nature to history. My prediction stands, we are entering a period where we will see sort of strengthenin Slavic independence from other European natins.
I'm not citing "convential wisdom", Carlus, but statistics about Eastern European support for the EU. A good prediction surely ought to be based on fact and reality, or else it is just fantasy. A "prediction" that the US will adopt Mandarin as their official language in the near future, for example, ought to based on a reality of Mandarin being at least spoken by a statistically large US minority and a political will by some US politicians wanting it as an official language.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:09 am

Recognizing that Slavic Europe has never been as closely tied to Western Europe is based on reality.

Recognizing there have been in the past Slavic national associations opposed to Western Europen associations is reality.

Your Mandarin analogy is fantasy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:21 am

The Poles are moving westward. They always did. Remember they're catholic and use proper letters. There are a lot of Polish migrant workers all over Europe right now and they are extremely popular. Hard working, honest, skilled and genuinely nice people.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:39 am

Hastur wrote:The Poles are moving westward. They always did. Remember they're catholic and use proper letters. There are a lot of Polish migrant workers all over Europe right now and they are extremely popular. Hard working, honest, skilled and genuinely nice people.
They use proper letters but their spelling might as well be Chinese

Tell me how Dzai-Dzai is pronounced as "ja-ja"

My wife's maiden name is Bajdek. That took a while to learn how to say. Good people though, they saved Europe once already
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:33 am

C-Mag wrote:Recognizing that Slavic Europe has never been as closely tied to Western Europe is based on reality.

Recognizing there have been in the past Slavic national associations opposed to Western Europen associations is reality.

Your Mandarin analogy is fantasy.
I recognize those things as a reality, too.

But neither of those two premises, even if you add in Polish refusal to accept the same amount of refugees as certain EU countries want, does not logically leads one to conclude that presently or for the near future, that Poles want out of the EU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Eu ... ndum,_2003

Again, it isn't just Eastern Europe that complains about German domination, or who are for greater national sovereignty when it comes to immigration policy. Lots of countries that are quite happy to be in the EU want the organization to leave immigration policies up to each member nation.

My Mandarin analogy is fantasy.... but only because you know that there even if there are some Mandarin speakers in the US, they're not a big and powerful lobby, nor is there any political leaders currently calling for Mandarin to be treated like English in the US.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:32 pm

California wrote:O'Reilly is going to start Podcasting
You Nailed that one.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Damn good predictions. I only differ with "crater during Trump's term." I'm on record as predicting The Collapse will occur so I'm staying with it.
So, when is this going to happen Hash ?

Hmmm, speaking of hash, need some more canned meat for the bunker. :mrgreen:
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:47 am

C-Mag wrote:
California wrote:O'Reilly is going to start Podcasting
You Nailed that one.
O'Reilly is going back to TV 8-)

C-Mag